Bringing wine onboard?

2mnycats

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a July 2020 cruise with Paul Gauguin. I know the alcohol is included, but is it possible to bring a special bottle or two ? We are not wine snobs, per se, but love our Central California wines and always save a special bottle for celebrations. 

Sure, why not? There is always a nice variety of wines from the world wide. We like our wines too but really didn't feel the need to bring any. Be sure to put the ones you bring in  those wine sleeves. I've never lost one yet when using those.

The mark up on their premium wine is not too bad either. We ordered one for my husband's b-day.

I don't remember if there are wine openers in the cabins. I'm sure our fellow readers can answer that doubt.

Whatever you decide to do, you will have a wonderful cruise on the PG! Be sure to go to the lecturers. They add so much to your cruise. We especially like Mark Eddowes who lectures on Polynesia.

Which itinerary did you select?

5 hours ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

Big Kahuna, what a nice idea(beats the chocolates I usually bring. To whom do you gift the wine (wine steward, head waiters, chief)?

Depends .... just someone that made a difference but I know will enjoy a good bottle. 

Besides wine bottles we brought See's candies for a couple of crew members as they prefer chocolate (milk chocolate with nuts) and are always very helpful.

I usually bring a dozen bags of almond brittle from my home town. These are for crew members who were memorable. 

A little token from something from your home town is a great gift 😉