Excursions

As someone new to Regent I would like to hear the experience of other in booking  "free excursions " especially when you book the cruise 2 or 3 months before the sail date. I see that there is a pecking order for booking and its a free for all say 180 days before the cruise.

Many thanks

I just booked an October cruise this past Friday.  Was able to reserve most of what we wanted and have one on a wait list. Often if enough guests are waitlisted for an excursion Regent may add another van/coach/guide to accommodate them. Check your tour tickets that will be in your suite when you arrive, then go to Destinations desk for any adjustments.

And welcome to Regent.  Prepare to be spoiled.

Edited by Kwaj girl

First cruise coming up next month, we booked only a couple of weeks ago. There is a WL for an excursion we want, our second choice has an upcharge. What’s the strategy? Can you have one excursion booked and another on WL? would you get a refund on the booked excursion if the WL comes through?

37 minutes ago, AmFromDC said:

Can you have one excursion booked and another on WL? would you get a refund on the booked excursion if the WL comes through?

We've done exactly that and it's all worked out in the end (in our favour).  We've usually cleared a waitlist - the only time we didn't was when there was a definite limit (ie number of seats at the table) on numbers and no-one dropped out.  

Hold faith - and have fun!