Cruise prices more than posted

I have never cruised on Royal Caribbean. I've been looking at cruises on Royal Caribbean website and I'm confused about pricing. The website will say something like "starting at $509" but when I choose it, it comes up to something like $618." This happens even when I choose the interior room and let them pick the room and before I add gratuities and without taxes. I just can't figure out why the price is more. I've only cruised on Carnival and the price posted is the price. Can someone explain?

TIA

Tonya

31 minutes ago, tonandtay said:

I have never cruised on Royal Caribbean. I've been looking at cruises on Royal Caribbean website and I'm confused about pricing. The website will say something like "starting at $509" but when I choose it, it comes up to something like $618." This happens even when I choose the interior room and let them pick the room and before I add gratuities and without taxes. I just can't figure out why the price is more. I've only cruised on Carnival and the price posted is the price. Can someone explain?

TIA

Tonya

You also need to select the date.  The “starting at” price is usually a specific date.  For example - a ship may sail every Saturday in a specific month but not every date is the same price - one or more is usually the lowest “starting at” price. Call and talk to a representative for more information. 

I am seeing the same thing.  Select a date with the advertised price, select  interior at advertised price and even without taxes and port fees the price per person is more than advertised.  ( See Majesty Jan 5 out of Ft Lauderdale.)     $161 pp advertised  $215 pp actual cruise fare.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

I am seeing the same thing.  Select a date with the advertised price, select  interior at advertised price and even without taxes and port fees the price per person is more than advertised.  ( See Majesty Jan 5 out of Ft Lauderdale.)     $161 pp advertised  $215 pp actual cruise fare.

The $161 is available.  It is for the non refundable deposit on a category Z (interior) guarantee

in this case it actually becomes less than the $161 as you can apply the promo code deal to the booking that saves an extra $25.

look at the subtotal.  $297 and divide that by 2 and you have $148.50 per person 

57CBEDBA-BFB1-41C3-96D9-2C61E7DCF037.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach

This is January 5th 2020. Before Taxes and fees it is $148.50 pp $13.00 under the advertised $161.  No one understands Royals math. 

SUMMARY

View pricing by guest

Interior Stateroom Guarantee
$430.00
2 Guests
DEAL NRD
-$25.00
BOGO50 NRD
-$108.00
$25.00 Free Onboard Spending Credit
FREE
Subtotal:
$297.00
Taxes & Fees
$181.00
Total For Room (after discounts)
$478.00
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

This is January 5th 2020. Before Taxes and fees it is $148.50 pp $13.00 under the advertised $161.  No one understands Royals math. 

SUMMARY

View pricing by guest

Interior Stateroom Guarantee
$430.00
2 Guests
DEAL NRD
-$25.00
BOGO50 NRD
-$108.00
$25.00 Free Onboard Spending Credit
FREE
Subtotal:
$297.00
Taxes & Fees
$181.00
Total For Room (after discounts)
$478.00

In this case it’s quite simple as there was the $25 that you added by applying the code “Deal” which adds $12.50 pp to the booking making it $161