Dumb Question...

qdog123

Hello folks,

Dumb question but do I need to actually print out my cruise ticket to get through the terminal or can I just show it on my phone? I usually print it out but I recently retired so I no longer have free access to a printer so if I don’t have to print it, I’d rather not. 

Thanks!

Edited by qdog123

49 minutes ago, qdog123 said:

Hello folks,

Dumb question but do I need to actually print out my cruise ticket to get through the terminal or can I just show it on my phone? I usually print it out but I recently retired so I no longer have free access to a printer so if I don’t have to print it, I’d rather not. 

Thanks!

I’m new to NCL this year, but the 2 cruises I’ve been on neither even asked for anything other than passport, never took cruise printout out of bag.

1 hour ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I’m new to NCL this year, but the 2 cruises I’ve been on neither even asked for anything other than passport, never took cruise printout out of bag.

Funky, perhaps I'm reading the OP's question wrong but are you saying you haven't had to show your edocs to get past security and it to the terminal?  I've taken many NCL cruises and always had to show my papers.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, qdog123 said:

Hello folks,

Thanks!

Electronic version is fine, in fact you really don't need it at all but it is good to have an electronic version.

BTW there is no need to print luggage tags - take a pen to fill them out and get them from the porters.

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinIllinois said:

Funky, perhaps I'm reading the OP's question wrong but are you saying you haven't had to show your edocs to get past security and it to the terminal?  I've taken many NCL cruises and always had to show my papers.

Cheers.

I have never had to show my docs to get past security or into the terminal.

I just did two (almost B2B) cruises out of Miami. To get on the first one, I had to show my passport and my edocs (phone version was fine) to get in the building. For the second cruise, which was in a different terminal, I didn't have to show anything to get in the building, but the edocs on the phone/passport were fine for security.

1 hour ago, ColinIllinois said:

Cheers.

Just my experience:  but out of Port Canaveral earlier this year:  only showed passport:  out of Rome in July:  only showed passport.  At both ports they never asked for cruise paperwork, passport worked fine.  It could be different at other ports I'm sure.

Supposedly with the app, you can download the edocs and have they scan the bar code on the PDF and, other than presenting the required documentation, that is all that is needed to board.  They need to accommodate folks who travel early and get last minute upgrades, so they have made the process easier.  My one concern is getting thru security which may require the paperwork.