Lahaina taxi stand?

nbist

We will be arriving via Star Princess to Lahaina in January. This time we just plan to go up to Kaanapali for a beach day and lunch. It looks like there is a bus/shuttle for $2/pp that runs hourly? As getting off the ship via tender is often one big cluster, who knows if we will get over and not have a long wait for the shuttle.

I have never paid attention to the taxi situation at this port. My question is: 1. Is there a taxi stand or line near the tender drop off, or where is the best place to find a taxi in Lahaina? and 2. If we want to taxi back is there a taxi line at Whalers Village or are we better off finding a taxi at one of the hotels? I realize it is about $20 each way, which is fine for convenience.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, nbist said:

I have never paid attention to the taxi situation at this port.

We use Uber when we're in Lahaina and its convenient and sometimes less than a taxi. The Uber's we've gotten here have been consistently nicer than those you get back on the mainland-- for example a few weeks ago we called an UberX and a brand new Audi Q7 showed up. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nbist said:

Thanks for the suggestion Princeton. 

There used to be fewer of them a few years ago so wait times used to be a bit higher than they are today. Even so, give yourself a few extra minutes. In Lahaina proper they tend to show up within a couple minutes of pushing the button, but in Kaanapali they can sometimes take 5-10 minutes to reach you (we just plug in whatever hotel we are near for Kaanapali). In Kapalua that can sometimes be 10+. Not the end of the world, but if you're in either of those places just check the app before you need to go in case you have to push the button early.