Carnival Panorama booking Specialty dining

athlonnx

Ok..

So I'm booked for Carnival Panorama's inaugural cruise.  According to the FAQs, booking for specialty dining was to begin on 8/1/19.  Well.... the system certainly wouldn't allow me to book anything on 8/1/19.  I called Carnival, and of course, they had didn't even have a clue on what the Chef's Table was.  The lady said she would send me an Email....I'll give you 3 guesses on whether she actually sent me that Email.

Finally, on or about August 5th, the specialty dining option become available on the website.  So I requested the Chef's Table and the steakhouse.  On August 7th, I get an Email from the Carnival Horizon's Matre D, stating that the Chef's table is reserved for the Carnival Panorama.  However, I have yet to hear back about the steakhouse.

Has anyone else tried booking specialty dining for the Carnival Panorama?

I reserved through the website on about 8/4. I received confirmation for the Teppanyaki early last week. Just received email confirming the steakhouse yesterday.  This is simply a guess on my part but it seems that they changed the front end user interface for making reservations, but the back end is still requiring manual input from the restaurant manager or team. I wonder why they didn't simply automate the entire process?

We are on the Panorama in February.  I reserved the steakhouse, the Italian restaurant and the Asian restaurant.  I've received confirmations from all three last week.  Unfortunately, one of them is incorrect and we now have reservations for two of the restaurants on the same night.  I will be responding to try and get it fixed or maybe will have to fix it once on board.  I'm posting this to advise to check your confirmation emails carefully in case the same thing happens to you.  You can reserve on line, but it does appear as if everything after that is done manually.

32 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

We are on the Panorama in February.  I reserved the steakhouse, the Italian restaurant and the Asian restaurant.  I've received confirmations from all three last week.  Unfortunately, one of them is incorrect and we now have reservations for two of the restaurants on the same night.  I will be responding to try and get it fixed or maybe will have to fix it once on board.  I'm posting this to advise to check your confirmation emails carefully in case the same thing happens to you.  You can reserve on line, but it does appear as if everything after that is done manually.

Ours also came back with an incorrect seating time. I replied to the conf email + it was corrected.

We are on the 12/28/19 cruise.  Requested La Cucina which we received a "yes" on w/in a week...the Steakhouse took longer, I booked the first day available and got the confirmation email a few days ago.  One nice thing, they don't charge you for the reservation.  Used to RC where you reserve and pay at the same time.  That said I prefer the RC system.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 6:22 PM, James4me said:

When making your reservation for dining venues are you charged for it? 

No, you are charged to your S&S card on the ship. You can also cancel at any time with the exception of the chefs table and Bonsai Teppanyaki which have a $25 fee if you cancel within 24 hours of the reservation. You can also try to "walk in" and they will seat you if they have space. The first time we ever booked a reservation for the steak house we didn't realize how late it would feel and we attempted to move our reservation up, we were able to get it bumped up by an hour or so. Now we know how tired and hungry we will be after a day at port so we book early reservations, but we also tend to eat dinner earlier also anyways. Here is a link to the specialty dining info page over at Carnival. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4250/~/specialty-restaurants---dining-reservation-information

• Thanks 1