B2B experiences please

Chewbecca

6 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

At our b2b meeting in March we were offered 2for price of 1 drink packages or drink package upgrades for second cruise. As we had already upgraded before we set off on first cruise we were refunded cost of one upgrade by guest services. 

Did not get offered to us on Equinox Caribbean in July.  We got offer of 50% off specialty restaurant first night.

However, when we went to guest services to verify our credit card was still on file I asked if any deal on packages and he said let me check and placed a call and then told us we could get premium alcohol package and get second one 50% off.  Not as good as BOGO but still nice offer and we would never have been told or known if we had not asked.

For me the downside is the turn-around day, it just seems like a wasted day.  Sure, it's nice to watch everyone get off the ship and you're staying but there's just a lot of time when you're waiting for the next cruise to get started.  I'd suggest planning an excursion on turn-around day.

On 8/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, davekathy said:

Not even a B2B discount. We have always received that. Other than that, nothing. Don't forget to ask for your future B2B cruises. 

On 8/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, missm said:

Thanks for that information. I must admit I'm starting to wonder about our TA and her lack of advocacy on our part. I seem to do all the research and she just does the bookings. Apparently she's just "too busy", but her agency does give generous OBCs so I probably shouldn't complain too loudly. Probably a zero-sum game as was discussed on another thread.

We have received this discount several times because TA did the work. I have booked multiple cruises through Delta Sky Miles Cruises and they are awesome. I called them from Venice, Italy with rapid response. Turns out my problem was due to tech issue on my end not their problem. You receive the same deals as other sites/tax. The plus are the added value of frequent flyer points. That’s a great perk. 

14 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

For me the downside is the turn-around day, it just seems like a wasted day.  Sure, it's nice to watch everyone get off the ship and you're staying but there's just a lot of time when you're waiting for the next cruise to get started.  I'd suggest planning an excursion on turn-around day.

Guess it depends on how you view it.

To me the turn-around day is not "a wasted day" at all but rather an extra bonus port day to use however you please, for sightseeing, or shopping, or running errands, or just staying on the ship, catching up on correspondence, reading and relaxing, perhaps even taking a nap to rest up for the start of the next adventure.

But then some turn around ports are certainly a lot more appealing than others.

Edited by varoo