Dining question

Hi all,

This is my first Cruise on RCI (Anthem of the Seas) this year.

I'm use to NCL where I can  just stroll up to any restaurant I want whenever I want and get a table for 3.

From looking online, it looks like RCI does this at 2 of the 4 MDR's? Is that correct? Any info is appreciated 🙂

Silk, Chic, The Grande and American Icon Grill.

There are basically two types of dining. Traditional and MyTimeDining. You need to check your Royal Caribbean invoice to see what you were assigned.

The type of dining you referred to is MyTimeDining. With MTD there are two options, with reservations or just show up any time.

If you have MTD and you make reservations you are generally seated in American Icon.....If you walk up without reservations, you are generally seated in Silk. The restaurants are opposite each other. Of course if one restaurant is very full and one is very empty they will seat you in a different one if you don’t have reservations. There is no need to make reservations.  We usually walk up and ask for a table for 2. 

The other 2 dining rooms are for those with set dining times (early or late).

All dining rooms serve the same menu which changes daily. Just the decor is different. 

Just now, little britain said:

If you have MTD and you make reservations you are generally seated in American Icon.....If you walk up without reservations, you are generally seated in Silk. The restaurants are opposite each other. Of course if one restaurant is very full and one is very empty they will seat you in a different one if you don’t have reservations. There is no need to make reservations.  We usually walk up and ask for a table for 2. 

The other 2 dining rooms are for those with set dining times (early or late).

All dining rooms serve the same menu which changes daily. Just the decor is different. 

Our experience last week was the opposite with reservations being directed to Silk and walk-ups to American Icon. Either way, the two dining rooms on Deck 4 are used for MTD. On our sailing, the wait times for walk-ups could be quite long. We did have several large groups onboard so that may have contributed. 

18 hours ago, spacepotatoes said:

Our experience last week was the opposite with reservations being directed to Silk and walk-ups to American Icon. Either way, the two dining rooms on Deck 4 are used for MTD. On our sailing, the wait times for walk-ups could be quite long. We did have several large groups onboard so that may have contributed. 

They obviously mix it up a bit LOL 

19 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Hi all,

This is my first Cruise on RCI (Anthem of the Seas) this year.

I'm use to NCL where I can  just stroll up to any restaurant I want whenever I want and get a table for 3.

From looking online, it looks like RCI does this at 2 of the 4 MDR's? Is that correct? Any info is appreciated 🙂

Silk, Chic, The Grande and American Icon Grill.

First of all you need to find out what type of dining you have. If you booked through a TA you need to ask them; if you booked directly yourself you should have been asked.  RC has traditional dining with two seatings nightly. They are referred to as early/late seating, or sometimes first/second seating.  Then there is My Time Dining where you can make reservations for different times each evening.  You will have either Traditional or My Time. You cannot switch back and forth between the two.