Ventura

dazlight

Looking forward to this ship as done azura & Oceana so far. Heard people say it’s similar to azura? 

Looking forward to the extra restaurants too as oceana only had beach house and cafe Jardin. 

My wife is looking forward to the Metropolis Bar as she loved the azura version. 

Anyone who’s been on it have you some favourite things about the ship?

I’ve been on Azura and Ventura both very similar but I’ve not been on Ventura for a few years. One of my attractions to Ventura is it has a retractable roof for a main pool which worked well when the weather was not so great...I’m traveling in October so hoping my girls might be able to use the pool! (Maybe!)

• Like 1

If you liked Azura you will enjoy Ventura. Almost the same ship! The main difference is the covered pool instead of the sea screen.

We liked the Glasshouse, ideal for lunch on a sea day, never seemed busy for some reason!

• Like 1

I returned from sailing on Ventura only a week ago and have to say I had a wonderful 2 weeks. I loved everything about this ship and it’s very much like Azura which I also love. The Beach House was very popular and was often fully booked & we ate there twice and each time the food was amazing so I would definitely recommend going there. The Glasshouse was also very good and very busy each evening although during the day it was fairly empty. I liked the main pool with the retractable roof so if the weather is a bit iffy you can still use it but the pool by the spa was nice & quiet which I enjoyed. Also the theatre had recent movies playing daily & I enjoyed going along to watch them occasionally. I can’t wait to go back on Ventura & I’m sure you will have a great time.

• Like 1

I ate in the beachhouse once. 

Never again. The smoke from the griddles made my eyes stream, the smell of the burnt fat turned my stomach, and there was nothing on the menu that appealed to me. And I love American diner food! 

Just got off Ventura this morning and absolutely loved it. We ate in Sindhu twice (30% off first night), the beach house once but made the mistake of having the potato skin starter which was cold but the main and desert were amazing. Loved laguna bar, metropolis for sail away, and there was always something different going on in the evening, so made good use of the drinks package. The one thing that amazed us was the ship never seemed crowded even though it was full. One downside got back to the cabin late last night to find someone close to us had blocked the toilets, which were fine when we went out a lot earlier and hadn't reported it, but a quick call to reception and it was sorted