10-day cruise on the Gem Feb 14 2020

LJRat

We are flying in Feb 13 for the 10-day cruise on the Gem out of New York. Embarkation: Feb 14

Staying at Embassy Suites by Hilton New York Manhattan Times Square

Question1.  Is the Big bus tour (hop on hop off) worth getting on the 13?

Question2.  Will I have enough time to do Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum before Embarkation: at 4:00 pm? (not in any big hurry to get on the ship but don’t want to be a runner! LOL😨

Not sure what time were flying into NY. NCL is arranging or flight!

• 5 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 9:58 PM, LJRat said:

We are flying in Feb 13 for the 10-day cruise on the Gem out of New York. Embarkation: Feb 14

Staying at Embassy Suites by Hilton New York Manhattan Times Square

Question2.  Will I have enough time to do Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum before Embarkation: at 4:00 pm? (not in any big hurry to get on the ship but don’t want to be a runner! LOL😨

Not sure what time were flying into NY. NCL is arranging or flight!

Can't vouch for the red bus tour; but if you are going to do it you can get discount tickets at groupon.com.  Per google you will need 3 hours to tour the whole museum.

You cant see NYC in a day, so why try? Pick 2-3 things that interest you and go to them rather than get a quick overview driving by. 

You should. Get there when they open at 10am. It takes a couple hours to see most things-- I think 3 hours would be a lot unless you stopped at literally every exhibit. Concorde is interesting and worth the extra admission. If you have never been on a postwar diesel electric sub-- check out the Growler. If you have-- it looks like every other single one you've been on and skip it for time. 

Not sure if I would push it to a 4pm embarkation even to avoid the lines-- you'd be getting close to the cutoff. Things should be quiet by 2:30-3. 

48 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Turtles06; this is the east coast departures forum.  

Iirc, this thread was started last summer in another forum and just recently resurrected there, and then moved here. Sometimes that move is not noted, so it gets confusing.