Proof of Stock Shares

dizkid

I've recently purchased stock in CCL.  I've downloaded the required PDF from Carnival for the OBC. 

How do I find the info to send Carnival of my shares?

If it matters, I'm using RobinHood as my online broker.

TIA

As said above, a statement should suffice. If it's a recent purchase and you need it before the next statement date, I'd take an online snapshot of your acct positions. Nowadays, the actual stock certificate almost never has your name on it and you never see it. Usually, the shares are in the broker's name  and you hold the shares in the street name. This allows the broker to execute a trade w/o you first mailing in the certificates. Also allows the broker to lend them (short) to somebody else and make money on your holdings, but that's another can of worms.

I pull a copy of my most recent investment account statement, remove or obscure my account #, highlight the information that specifically details my CCL stock ownership, and email a copy of the form, along with my booking number, and date of sailing to: guestadmin@carnival.com.

Some have posted that the email method no longer works, but I submitted mine a couple weeks ago, and my booking was credited with my OBC within 2 days.

It is a nice benefit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ohiowilly said:

6 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I did as you and emailed it. A week later I found an email in my Spam folder from Carnival directing me to use either FAX or snail mail. I had the OBC credited, so I'm not sure why they credited it after telling me not to use email.

That's good to know.  I'm waiting until I have my August statement before I email it in.  I don't want to be bothered with FAX or snail mail if possible.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ohiowilly said:

Some have posted that the email method no longer works, but I submitted mine a couple weeks ago, and my booking was credited with my OBC within 2 days.

I submitted ours this week via email and it was credited the same day.

This is what I email to guestadmin@carnival.com

I wanted to request my shareholder onboard credit benefit for my upcoming cruise on the Carnival SHIPNAME.  My sail date is XX/XX/2019 and my booking confirmation is XXXXX.  I have attached my documentation on my ownership of 100 CCL shares.  Please let me know if you need anything else.

Like most here I will print a copy of my statement, black out the account number with a sharpie, take a photo or scan, and attach to the email. I usually wait until I am 4-5 weeks from cruising to send my request.

11 hours ago, balcony bound said:

I submitted ours this week via email and it was credited the same day.

I just recently had 2 cruises credited with the same e-mail.  Only took about 2 days.

I've always used e-mail and never had an issue.  It's weird that some have been asked to mail it.  Carnival can be so inconsistent when it comes to stuff like this.

9 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Many people are unable to blackout information on emails and they don't want sensitive information

Print the page that shows your stock.  Black out what you want.  Scan and e-mail. 

Pretty simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank12 said:

Print the page that shows your stock.  Black out what you want.  Scan and e-mail. 

Pretty simple.

If you are using a windows 10 computer, there is something called a Microsoft Print to PDF. Print the page that shows your stock to this printer, this printer will save the file as a PDF file. Most PDF programs  these days like Adobe Acrobat has a Redaction feature that can black out text then save the file and email it..no need to scan it 

3 hours ago, Frank12 said:

Pretty simple.

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

If you are using a windows 10 computer, there is something called a Microsoft Print to PDF. Print the page that shows your stock to this printer, this printer will save the file as a PDF file. Most PDF programs  these days like Adobe Acrobat has a Redaction feature that can black out text then save the file and email it..no need to scan it 

Not so simply for folks like me who learned to write on a shovel with a piece of coal.  People end up sending their entire portfolio. 

• Haha 1

This time carnival gave ma a hard time. I mail mine in. I have TD Ameratrade and the second sheet only has my account number on it and not my name. That is the sheet that shows the CCL stocks. Because my name was not on the second sheet the dummy could not just look at the two and realize the dollar amount is exactly the same. Eventually I sent them in again and left the last 5 digits of my account number not blocked so they could see they are both mine. I also circled everything that was the same on both sheets. They accepted it. I never had that problem before and I have obtained the credit many times. When I send it to Princess. There is never a problem.