Response to Thank You Mariner Society

sevenseasnomad

Since I've tried six times to respond to Sail7Seas post about HAL returning her medallion with each reply not posting at all, I'll start this thread to let Sail know how I feel.

Sail, I know you were probably frantic to have lost your medallion.  Thank goodness HAL returned it to you.  I never considered wearing my medallion on a cruise.  What a lovely idea.  I thought my husband and I would cruise together for many years to come.  Sadly, fate (cancer) shredded that idea.  Wearing the medallion would bring back so many sweet memories.  Now, I am on a quest to locate it.  It has to be somewhere in this house, doesn't it?  If I go insane looking for it, I'll blame Sail7Seas.  LOL!  It is, however, as someone else pointed out, the most expensive jewelry most of us will ever wear.  Why not flaunt it?  Thanks again for the suggestion, Sail.

Does anyone know why CC sometimes won't allow a reply to post properly?  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

1 hour ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Does anyone know why CC sometimes won't allow a reply to post properly?  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have no idea why it happens, but I do know it happens to me all too frequently. I've also found that once it happens in a thread, it will continue to happen in that same thread for as many days as I try. It happens even if I have previously posted in the thread. There is no rhyme or reason to it. 

It happened to me in that same thread tonight. I've found no work-around for it, either. 

I have closed the tab and reopened, signed out and back in, shut down the computer and started over. Nothing has worked. 
I usually use IE. Tonight, when I couldn't post, I opened in Chrome, and I was able to post in the thread immediately. 

You are not alone with the problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

I have no idea why it happens, but I do know it happens to me all too frequently. I've also found that once it happens in a thread, it will continue to happen in that same thread for as many days as I try. It happens even if I have previously posted in the thread. There is no rhyme or reason to it. 

It happened to me in that same thread tonight. I've found no work-around for it, either. 

I have closed the tab and reopened, signed out and back in, shut down the computer and started over. Nothing has worked. 
I usually use IE. Tonight, when I couldn't post, I opened in Chrome, and I was able to post in the thread immediately. 

You are not alone with the problem. 

DITTO RUTH !I THOUGHT WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE! This has happened to me last week and just an hour ago I tried to post!!

Hope this goes through or I’m done tonight 😞

Denise😊