Ruby Princess Show Times

Kamfish642

Excuse me for my lack of search skills, since I'm sure this questions has been answered previously.

My wife and I are first time Princess cruisers, and we are on a February 2020 New Zealand cruise on the Ruby Princess.  Can anyone tell me what the normal show times are?  I'm looking to make reservations at the specialty restaurants, and I want to allow sufficient time prior to or after the evening show.

Thank you in advance for your assistance or in directing me to an existing string.

The theatre production shows are generally scheduled around the two seating times for Traditional Dining, so an early show might be about 7-ish (since first eating dining is at 5pm) and the later show at about 9.15-ish for second-seating passengers.  Those were the (ridiculously early) times on my most recent cruise; usually the later dining and later show have been, well, later.  But apparently Princess is turning into a cruise line for the crowd that likes to hit the early-bird special and go to bed while it's still light out.   

There are other entertainments that are scheduled to begin in between those times in the smaller lounges and so it's really hard to plan a dinner reservation around every possible option.  But if you're just looking at the main production show, since it repeats, pretty much any reservation time should work to get you to it, either before or after you dine. 

I spoke to the entertainment director on my ship this summer. She said the show times depend on the itinerary and passenger mix. For my Alaskan cruises, the showtimes in the theater were generally 7:30 and 9:30 so that people with traditional dining could see the show after eating. When there are a lot more older passengers, the showtimes can be moved up so that those with second seating traditional dining can see the show before dinner.