Price adjustment?

Jareds_mommytoo

Anyone know? So i noticed my cruise i booked for spring break has dropped by $100. I am well before my paid in full date. I am going to call for a price adjustment. Is there a limit to the times i can do this? I know sunwing ( Canadian land vacation tour operator) you can only do it once with their price guarantee. So far i have our price down to $1318 Canadian for 2 adults 1 child.🎉

No limit prior to final payment,  but you run the risk of forgoing any perquisites attached to your booking,  should they not be combinable.  Example - my booking has pre-paid grats stacked on top of a discounted cabin rate -- currently the cabin I am in is 120$pp lower than what I booked at, but if I were to re-rate, I would lose the pre-paid hotel service charge, which is a 406$ value.   

Scott. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

Anyone know? So i noticed my cruise i booked for spring break has dropped by $100. I am well before my paid in full date. I am going to call for a price adjustment. Is there a limit to the times i can do this? I know sunwing ( Canadian land vacation tour operator) you can only do it once with their price guarantee. So far i have our price down to $1318 Canadian for 2 adults 1 child.🎉

All I can report is that by using HAL directly in the US, you can "refare" as often as you wish.  I have been known to refare 4 times on one cruise!  Quick, easy and no hassle from HAL.  In fact, sometimes I just send off a two sentence email to my HAL PCC and with an hour or so I get a confirmation back via email - never had to speak with her!

As already noted, you have to be careful not to lose any perks you already have (basically you get to chose one deal or the other, not pick and chose portions of each).  Also be careful that you do not refare with a non-refundable fare (or deposit).

Edited by DaveOKC

6 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

No limit prior to final payment,  but you run the risk of forgoing any perquisites attached to your booking,  should they not be combinable.  Example - my booking has pre-paid grats stacked on top of a discounted cabin rate -- currently the cabin I am in is 120$pp lower than what I booked at, but if I were to re-rate, I would lose the pre-paid hotel service charge, which is a 406$ value.   

Scott. 

We dont have any perks this time. Last time we had “free” drinks 

8 minutes ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

We dont have any perks this time.

Then re-rate away ...   just be aware, as noted above, by DaveOKC,  that the new rating could have conditions attached to it  (non-refundable deposit and/or non-refundable fare, etc) so be sure to go in with your eyes open.  

Scott. 

Edited by YXU AC*SE
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

Now i have free gratuities lol. I guess it pays to keep checking the site. We went from an inside j to a veranda for $20 or $30 more out of pocket then the $100 off i found 

Nice upgrade!

• Like 1