Cruising during Halloween

tbtma

We sailed on the Getaway over Halloween last year. There were a number of people dressed up that night and some small decorations throughout the ship, but that was about it.

Edited by dolita22
  • Like 1

I've also sailed on Halloween.  Pretty even split on people who chose to costumes and those who didn't, so no pressure either way.  There was a costume contest, but very basic prizes (plastic souvenir cup I believe) so nothing worth expending major effort planning.  

• Like 1

The shorter the cruise the more outrageous the costumes. 5 nights cruise out of Florida almost everyone had costumes. People planning on the Halloween party.

Transatlantic 14 night it was an afterthought. You’re in Europe coming back most costumes were improv. Last minute.

Captains hat white bathrobe- instant Hugh Hefner. Perfect.

• Like 1

Today we booked the Getaway TA & realized we were cruising over Halloween - haven't dressed for Halloween in a few years - trying to think of costumes which do not take up much space in the luggage...  Not much time to think about it - we embark in 54 days 🎃

Edited by Von & John

Cruised once on Halloween and it was a hoot!!!!! Not just one night, but at least 3 or 4 (out of 7). Best people-watching we've ever experienced on or off a ship. My wife and I would go to the martini bar a little early before the late seating in the MDR and watch the lineup of folks in costume, in drag, or just dressed outrageously. If memory serves, these weren't events staged by the cruise line.

• Like 1