Carnival Sunshine Question

MarKandi

Sailing on the sunshine September 28 on a seven day Bermuda cruise. Our use a CPAP and was curious if I should bring a cruise line approved extension cord.

In the past on some state rooms only have one plug-in which is  A few feet away from the bed, Or has the sunshine been modified to re-accommodate more 110 V power outlets?

We were on the Sunshine back in February.  The 110v outlet was near the desk across from the foot of the bed.  Bring an extension cord and a multi outlet plug WITHOUT a surge protector.  That is the set-up I used for my CPAP.  During the day I coiled up the extension cord and put it in the bedside cabinet out of the way.

Edited by K&RCurt

30 minutes ago, topofE said:

Without the complaining about the food and the cheers questions there would be no more cc lol.  I have never seen a cpap question on here so am also curious why this one is scheduled to get locked down asap...

Here are just two of the prior threads discussing many aspects of cruising with a CPAP on Carnival. Hope they answer your questions...

Edited by Host Carolyn

will also be on this cruise - and we have been on her before and my DH has used a cpap for years. We usually put a extention cord in his cpap case and they never bother it - you can call ahead and get one supplied they are they big industrial orange cords. I don't know if they would confiscate an extention cord in your suitcase - I have seen them while picking up liquor at the end of the trip. 

Hope this helps

I just got off the Sunshine.  I brought a new extension cord, wrapper still stapled around it and carried it in my cpap case.  I used a 12 ft. white so that the color stood out against the carpet.  No problems with it being questioned at all.  Once on board you can order a gallon of distilled water if you need it.  It was delivered really fast!  

• 2 months later...

Quite an eye opener! I'm new to Carnival but an experienced cruiser, mainly with Princess. I asked the steward about hooking up my CPAP and he said he would take care of everything. I asked if her would tape down the extension cord (that I brought brand new from home) so we wouldn't trip over it. He said he would take care of everything! Soooooooooo, we went on our merry way and got back to the cabin at 10:30pm only to find nothing was done as far as the CPAP. I took one of the pool towels and laid that across the cord and that's how it stayed for the whole cruise.