Australia drink packages

Murphey

I'm sure this has been addressed, but please enlighten me.  Going on a 10 day cruise out of Sydney.  There are no beverage packages, other than Premier,  nor is there option to purchase water on this cruise.  What's the deal in Australia? 

• Haha 1

We cruised on Majestic Princess out of Sydney in March 2019.   Water is not available for pre order on cruises from Australia.

We were able to purchase a soft drink package once aboard.

Princess has now changed the packages and the soda package is now offered with a coffee package.

Unsure whether this has changed for cruises ex Australia.

As we were staying opposite the Overseas Passenger Terminal, we walked down one morning and asked the baggage handlers about taking water and/or soft drinks aboard . We were told we would not be able to slap a luggage tag on it and send it with luggage. We would need to carry it aboard...so we didn't bother.

Another Cruise Critic member said that Princess would allow you to send soft drinks on with luggage. They were cruising from Sydney later this year and said they would come back to report whether they had been successful.

Sorry if this does not make things clear for you. Might be worth checking the Australia Boards.

The Beverage package on Australian based cruises is $89 per person per day..

Also to be noted the Beverage package has no gratuities added  .... like the daily added gratuities is not automatic on Australian based cruise .... I am unsure if this is only for Australians ? 

Which we feel is way too much 13 night cruise $2314....   we have wine with lunch and dinner, and a pre dinner and after dinner drink..... max we have ever spent was $1700..

As far as bottle water haven't seen anybody carrying it on board....

we just drink the tap water haven't  had a problem yet... and we get bottled water in our room   

Cheers Don

On 8/27/2019 at 5:16 AM, Murphey said:

I'm sure this has been addressed, but please enlighten me.  Going on a 10 day cruise out of Sydney.  There are no beverage packages, other than Premier,  nor is there option to purchase water on this cruise.  What's the deal in Australia? 

I am also doing a 10 day (followed by a 3 day) ex Syd on the Majestic next month. There is basically nothing available for pre-purchase, except the PBP as you have stated. I believe you can purchase a case of water yourself and put a luggage tag on it and have it delivered to your room. Everyone on the Australian CC Boards say to do it that way. Australians are generally pretty easy going and we tend to put up with inferior/reduced offerings in our part of the world... 🍺🌴

I'm not sure that the Princess website is very good at handling the exchange rate conversions so perhaps that's why they don't have much available?