Upgrade fairy!!

CruisinAg

On 8/29/2019 at 12:42 PM, CruisinAg said:

Wow, I can't believe it! Just received and email with a  complimentary upgrade to a balcony for my first ever Princess cruise and first ever Alaskan trip. Because I was going solo, tagging along with family on the cruise tour, I went with an inside room and was happy enough with the location, deck 15 one deck below the Lido deck that I passed on paying $140 a month or so ago to upgrade to a balcony. Then today, I just checked my email while fighting through the next to last day of work before vacation, and boom complimentary upgrade to deck 10 balcony, starboard side mid-ship right by the elevator!! 

Now I'm REALLY excited. 

Coagulation on your upgrade, I will also be on Royal southbound from Whittier next Sat, Sept 7th, same cruise?

The only time we were offered an upgrade was on our 3rd Princess cruise.  We were in a mini-suite next to family and did not want to move so we declined.  Haven't been offered an upgrade or upsell since but that may be due to having our travel agent mark us as "no upgrade wanted."

From what I have read on Cruise Critic posts, the upgrades are offered mostly to those who have had few or no previous cruises with Princess.

On 8/29/2019 at 12:42 PM, CruisinAg said:

Wow, I can't believe it! Just received and email with a  complimentary upgrade to a balcony for my first ever Princess cruise and first ever Alaskan trip. Because I was going solo, tagging along with family on the cruise tour, I went with an inside room and was happy enough with the location, deck 15 one deck below the Lido deck that I passed on paying $140 a month or so ago to upgrade to a balcony. Then today, I just checked my email while fighting through the next to last day of work before vacation, and boom complimentary upgrade to deck 10 balcony, starboard side mid-ship right by the elevator!! 

Now I'm REALLY excited. 

Please come back after your cruise and let us know what you think of the midship balcony.  Particularly at night.

13 hours ago, CruisinAg said:

anyone know how the late upgrade effects the Medallion? I received my Medallion last week and I'm assumed it's programed with my old room. Wonder if it that gets updated or will that require a trip to guest services before being able to access my room? Guess I can look on the app and see what/if it shows.

Medallion just has a number that links to the ship's computers where information such as your actual cabin number is stored. So a change of cabins does not affect the Medallion itself.

• Like 1