Flight from Fort Lauderdale

Wavy Woman

5 hours ago, Wavy Woman said:

Aggie 83: Your Miami EZ Air suggestion is “on point”! There are non-stop flights at better times, better pricing. We haven’t tried that before since FLL is so close to port. How do you usually travel from MIA to Port Everglades and back? (Shuttle, Uber...?)

I'm splurging 😀 and paying the $29/person for the Princess transport to MIA.  I just now priced Lyft from the port to MIA and the cost is $50. I know that may not be an apples to apples comparison but for this moment good enough. Try pricing Uber/Lyft when you know a ship is in port and the same day of week.  You'll want to do it at the time you would get off the ship.  Might get you a better feel for cost.  For me, the shuttle eliminates the hassle of competing with others for transportation and it reduces stress.

Edited by Aggie83
Clarity.

Aggie83-I agree! Actually, $29pp is not bad at all for round trip/no hassle, so I may do the same! I went ahead and booked EZ Air to/from Miami as you suggested. SO Much better!! Thanks again, don’t know why that hadn’t occurred to me to check!

11 hours ago, Wavy Woman said:

Aggie83-I agree! Actually, $29pp is not bad at all for round trip/no hassle, so I may do the same! I went ahead and booked EZ Air to/from Miami as you suggested. SO Much better!! Thanks again, don’t know why that hadn’t occurred to me to check!

$29 is for one way.

• Thanks 1

I would book the later flight but then do online check in early for my flight on the morning of disembarkation once I see that we are not going to be delayed into port.

Some airlines allow you to pick an earlier flight if it is available when you check in online ...…….that's what I would do. I would also know that I can get off the ship quickly because I choose early walk off and I have Global Entry as those lines are incredibly fast at Port Everglades

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The port of Fort Lauderdale also has Global Entry upon arrival that can help cut down the immigration process and save time. Just be aware, that if you wish to use GE at the port, you must have the physical card in your possession, which is unlike air travel where GE status is tied to your passport, or green card. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, polmcs said:

The port of Fort Lauderdale also has Global Entry upon arrival that can help cut down the immigration process and save time. Just be aware, that if you wish to use GE at the port, you must have the physical card in your possession, which is unlike air travel where GE status is tied to your passport, or green card. 

Good to know. Thanks for posting this. I've had GE for 6+ years and all the literature I've seen is that you need to activate card when you receive it and then put it away as it won't be needed. 

Edited by Aggie83
Corrected activate reference.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Aggie83 said:

Good to know. Thanks for posting this. I've had GE for 6+ years and all the literature I've seen is that you need to activate card when you receive it and then put it away as it won't be needed. 

It can also be used to expedite land crossings into Canada and Mexico and back to the US, but again you have to have the physical card in your possession. You can use the SENTRI and NEXUS lanes going into the US, but SENTRI lanes only when going into Canada. I have no idea about which lanes are available going into Mexico though.