Explorer 1

Nice to see you posting again! We remember you from Island Escape boards. 

We’ll be boarding for two weeks from 8 May and our first time on Marella Explorer and looking forward to it. See you on board! 

Hello RR..... We won't be on her next year (as far as we know!) But we have booked two weeks to Norway at the end of this month!! We thought we'd give her a try as she's going from Southampton!    We thoroughly enjoyed Discovery 2 last year!

Hope you and Mrs RR are keeping well X

23 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

Greetings all.

Long time no see 😋

Am getting a bit Adventurous in my old age. we are trying out the Explorer on May 1st 2020. 

Just wondered if anybody else bill be on for the 2 weeks?

RR

Well there's a blast from the past!!  Good to hear from you. 😉

Not on your sailing but off on Explorer for the first time shortly - so I'll try to remember to report back.  

56 minutes ago, jenny wren said:

Hello RR..... We won't be on her next year (as far as we know!) But we have booked two weeks to Norway at the end of this month!! We thought we'd give her a try as she's going from Southampton!    We thoroughly enjoyed Discovery 2 last year!

Hope you and Mrs RR are keeping well X

Sounds as though you're getting on a week or so after we get off jenny.  Pity we won't be able to say 'Hello' again. 

I think you must be doing the trip which goes up to the North Cape.  We did it last year on Discovery and thoroughly enjoyed it and although we weren't too optimistic about seeing the Northern Lights, they appeared 4 nights running!  One night was impressive although not the glorious colours you sometimes get and the others nights they were obvious but not so impressive.  They were white but danced around the sky and were a treat to see.  Our pictures showed them as green (effect of the camera lens) and some people had Apps which enhanced the Lights so they looked very colourful - but that's not what we saw with the naked eye.  However it was very exciting and a real bonus to have seen them.  Incidentally it was whilst at sea on the early days of the cruise before we crossed the Artic Circle.  They were very good at Reception having a display board which kept us posted of the likelihood of them appearing and at which time intervals.   Hope you will be as lucky and enjoy your trip as much as we did. 😊

hi Kruzseeka…..yes we hope of course that we may see the lights but I'm sure we will enjoy the cruise anyway....thanks for the info.

Funnily enough I was thinking of you this morning as I read you are on Oceana in March....so are we on E006N ….so we may yet meet again!  we also  booked the Christmas and New Year on her so really pushing the boat out so to speak!

Best wishes to you both

39 minutes ago, jenny wren said:

hi Kruzseeka…..yes we hope of course that we may see the lights but I'm sure we will enjoy the cruise anyway....thanks for the info.

Funnily enough I was thinking of you this morning as I read you are on Oceana in March....so are we on E006N ….so we may yet meet again!  we also  booked the Christmas and New Year on her so really pushing the boat out so to speak!

Best wishes to you both

Thanks. 😊

Talk about ships which pass in the night!  We're on E007C so get on as you get off!  😔Still...... hopefully our paths will cross again sometime.  Hope you're both keeping well. 

On 9/1/2019 at 10:44 AM, Rebel Rouser said:

Greetings all.

Long time no see 😋

Am getting a bit Adventurous in my old age. we are trying out the Explorer on May 1st 2020. 

Just wondered if anybody else bill be on for the 2 weeks?

RR

Hey RR,how you doing?Good to see/hear from you again,its been a while.. . like yourself was posting missing for a while on here as we had a wee break from cruising but missed it and back in the groove

We got a bit adventurous a year or so ago and tried the  Discovery.Enjoyed her but back to our fav the Dream

Greetings all and thanks for the warm welcome "Back"  since the Demise of the IE have ventured far a field? Spirit x 3,   Discovery x 2, Dream x 5,  RC Rhapsody of the seas and 2 x on PandO Oceana. Last time on the Dream in May. 

I hope you are all well.

I/we have booked the Explorer for my retirement cruise on may 1st 2020 as my retirement date is May 6th 2020 also taking our Granddaughter who will be 10 when we sail.

Cant believe I'd done over 4K posts on here ..ha ha 

Happy cruising all 

RR

• Like 1

A thought the reason you were asking was because you were going on her next month

15th.

Although we have been to the ports numerous times we got it at a good price and thought,why not,were only here once,no practice swing.Couldn,t do this when Mrs Jim The Scot was working (timewise) with her now retired we can,its money now that will stop us 😂

Edited by Jim The Scot

Last year was on RC Rhapsody of the seas. same class ship as the Discoverys. to be honest really enjoyed the ships but the Entertainment left a lot to be desired but the service knocked spots off TUI/ Marella afraid to say.

This year we tried P&O Oceana lovely ship but not for me. still a country boy at heart and still looking for the silver spoon I was meant to have at meal times.

Marella needs to up its service and not cut back on waiters and other staff and to stop making cutbacks so we the paying customers dont have to wait..unlike RC and we paid less for that week. but at the end of the day I prefer the friendly staff of Marella but there just isn't enough of them.

RR

Thanks for that RR

To be fair apart from one cruise never really had any issue with the service we,ve been given or shortage of staff on our cruises with Thomson/TUI/Marella.End of the day I suppose pluses and minuses for other cruise lines as there is with Marella

Edited by Jim The Scot

Great to see your name up here again RR.  We too remember the IE and still have our badges.  Fond memories of the big storm on 5th November 2013 lighting up the skies.  We still cruise a lot and prefer Marella but have done a couple of the smaller P& O ships, Fred and CMV.  Looking forward to Northern Lights on Explorer 26 Sept.  Not long to go.  Enjoy your plotting and planning for your cruise.  We always do.

Gill and Ray.