Shareholders landcruise question

LoveThisCruisingThing

Interesting to know this re land tours since we've never done one.  Something of a disincentive to do one since their cost is on the high side, compared to the cruise itself (cost/day).  Plus, prior to our cruising more often after retirement (3/year), we did a number of one-week land tours to interior of  Europe (usually involved only one or two countries) so little incentive/need to add such a tour to a cruise.  My husband's a retired attorney and the state bar assn. had a wonderful travel program geared to working folks, hence the one-week tours (actually 9 days) counting flights.  We were able to visit Switzerland (and southern Germany, Liechtenstein), Austria (and Hungary), Italy (Florence, Siena, Rome), and Austria (and the Czech Republic) this way.

49 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

Interesting to know this re land tours since we've never done one. 

In Alaska Princess has quality land packages both pre or post cruise. The pricing of these cruisetours includes the cruise portion. They are very popular. 

When I posted, I forgot that we did do a land tour pre-cruise in Alaska when on a "group" cruise (i.e. booked thru my husband's professional assn and I assume they arranged it).  The cruise was on the Celebrity Horizon and I guess the cruise line arranged it although we stayed at Princess hotel in Fairbanks and a small hotel south of there from where we could see Denali in the distance.  Traveled on Princess or HAL train from Fairbanks to Seward.  Details are a bit foggy since this was in 1996 <g>.  On at least one HAL Alaska cruise on our own, we did our own pre-cruise arrangements in Anchorage in 2004.  I do distinctly remember a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks since we could see Denali out our window--more or less on eye level with the summit 😊; just not sure which cruise was involved.

Thanks for the info. 

This is is the first time doing a land tour before a cruise. Have done land tours before. I’m really looking forward to this trip. This trip is my retirement present to myself. I retired in June 2019 after 35 years of teaching. Looking forward to being able to cruise in other months besides Dec. and summer.  Oh and avoiding kids (besides my nephews/nieces and great n and n). Love kids, just not on my vacation. LOL