Carnival Ecstasy Updates???

jetsfan58

I been asking for two months and no answers because Carnival hasn't even mentioned about it other than giving the dates.  I have web sites that I go to that state what will be done and all of them say nothing or mention there hasn't been any mention of what will be done.  After our two Carnival cruises this year and the fact of no mention of the dry dock (have two sets of friends and another friend of mine her adult son went on her two months ago, she is in bad shape from what everybody told me) we cancelled our October cruise on her and just fed up with Carnival overall.  

Carnival Ecstasy 08/31/19 – Modified itinerary: Princess Cays has been replaced with a visit to Key West on 9/02.

19 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Good morning Cruise Critic family. Does anyone have updates regarding the Carnival Ecstasy which departed Jacksonville, Florida on Saturday August 30, 2019? They are in the path of the Hurrican.

Carnival Ecstasy 08/31/19 – Modified itinerary: Princess Cays has been replaced with a visit to Key West on 9/02.

Carnival Ecstasy 09/05/19 – Still evaluating.  Please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL12 to CRUISE (278473).  

There is a possibility Carnival Ecstasy will not be able to return to Jacksonville on Thursday.  If the port is closed, the ship will be in position to dock as soon as the authorities have reopened the port.

The above is copied from the Carnival website.  If you go to Carnival.com there is a link at the top for Dorian updates.  It appears this ship left on 8/31, not 8/30. The update for the 9/5 sailing is noting that it may possibly not be able to dock on 9/5.  And therefore, the 8/31 sailing would be maybe be extended or brought into another port.

Hope this helps with the info you are looking for.

Check on Carnival.com for updates.

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I been asking for two months and no answers because Carnival hasn't even mentioned about it other than giving the dates.  I have web sites that I go to that state what will be done and all of them say nothing or mention there hasn't been any mention of what will be done.  After our two Carnival cruises this year and the fact of no mention of the dry dock (have two sets of friends and another friend of mine her adult son went on her two months ago, she is in bad shape from what everybody told me) we cancelled our October cruise on her and just fed up with Carnival overall.  

What the heck does this have to do with the question?  Dry dock and a hurricane don't even begin to compare.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DramaQueen22 said:

What the heck does this have to do with the question?  Dry dock and a hurricane don't even begin to compare.

Really? It doesn't take some kind of Sherlock Holmes type of detective work to figure out that she mis-read the question!

Seems to me that you are just trying to be mean and snarky!

Edited by ecarbine
Poor choice of words
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ecarbine said:

Really? It doesn't take some kind of Sherlock Holmes type of detective work to figure out that she mis-read the question!

Seems to me that you are just trying to be mean and snarky! You exemplify everything I have grown to hate about Cruise Critic!

Dont let one persons reply make you hate cruise critic.  There are tons of people that post here that give friendly replies, and replies with some very good info.

Carbine- Thank you!

On another note, I totally can relate to what you have mentioned, I myself, have had a handful of those type of people, and can relate to how you feel, but, let us nice people remain here and outnumber them and stand up for each other as you did for me, thank you again.👍

11 minutes ago, cruzn buckeye said:

Dont let one persons reply make you hate cruise critic.  There are tons of people that post here that give friendly replies, and replies with some very good info.

You are right, of course! I don't hate Cruise Critic, I enjoy it very much. I really don't care for the cruelty that I see some members display toward others. 

I have edited my post and I apologize if I offended anyone!

8 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Carbine- Thank you!

On another note, I totally can relate to what you have mentioned, I myself, have had a handful of those type of people, and can relate to how you feel, but, let us nice people remain here and outnumber them and stand up for each other as you did for me, thank you again.👍

You're welcome, I really do enjoy these forums but some people just cannot resist the temptation, that comes with the anonymity of the internet, to be dreadful human beings!

Edited by ecarbine
Punctuation

Trust me, I have been on here for years, and there was a point where the nasty remarks bothered me... but i have learned that's their problem, not mine... I am here for the fun, and of the good information we get from members on the boards...  we just have to ignore those type of comments... because a lot of times, not necessarily this time, but a lot times, those that post like that enjoy the fact that it gets someone stirred up...

Whatever... 

4 hours ago, cruisecrazy said:

Talked to friends who are on the Ship now. They docked in Key West yesterday. He said weather has not been bad at all. Captain got them south quickly and below the storm. Nassau was canceled for today.

Thank you so much for the update!  Really appreciate that! :)   Key West is nice, I wouldn't mind pulling in there again.  Glad to hear your friends are safe!  Please let us know if you get any further updates. 

On 9/2/2019 at 6:56 PM, ecarbine said:

You're welcome, I really do enjoy these forums but some people just cannot resist the temptation, that comes with the anonymity of the internet, to be dreadful human beings!

Why the need to make a comment directed at me personally? 

On 9/2/2019 at 6:53 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Carbine- Thank you!

I am perfectly nice.  I simply commented that your "accidental" post was inappropriate.  My opinion...which I may express.  I did not direct my comment to you personally or attack you.

Edited by DramaQueen22
content

In addition, I in no way made a personal attack against anyone.  I pointed out that questions regarding the dry dock of a ship sailing during a hurricane were really inappropriate and not relevant given the circumstances.  Yet, the responses to my comment have all been to attack me in a personal way.