Edge - any chance changing late dinner to early instead?

Jorg_

Going on Edge in January. We normally want to have early dinner in MDR, but for this trip there were no availability for that time. Instead, we got assigned 8.30 PM.

We are a party of 6. Is it likely that we will be able to change to the early seating instead? Anyone else had any success in doing that? Or is it more likely that we just have to accept eating late this time?

38 minutes ago, Jorg_ said:

Going on Edge in January. We normally want to have early dinner in MDR, but for this trip there were no availability for that time. Instead, we got assigned 8.30 PM.

We are a party of 6. Is it likely that we will be able to change to the early seating instead? Anyone else had any success in doing that? Or is it more likely that we just have to accept eating late this time?

I'm assuming you asked (or TA asked) to be placed on the early dining waitlist? If not changed before the cruise, I would board as early as possible and head to the Cosmopolitan Restaurant (or Tuscan, if no one at Cosmo) as soon as you board and ask to have it changed. There have been reports of success for changes prior to the cruise, as well as on day 1 of the cruise. Good luck!

You could always change from an assigned time to select then make your own reservations in the 4 different main restaurants.  When we booked our cruise on Edge the early seating wasn't an option for us, and frankly coming from the west coast the late seating time was too late for us.  I instead chose "select" and made reservations for 6:00 or 6:30 at the main restaurants for the week.  It's super easy to make all of your reservations via the Celebrity website so you don't have to worry about anything when you board for your cruise.

3 hours ago, Mauidiver said:

You could always change from an assigned time to select then make your own reservations in the 4 different main restaurants.  When we booked our cruise on Edge the early seating wasn't an option for us, and frankly coming from the west coast the late seating time was too late for us.  I instead chose "select" and made reservations for 6:00 or 6:30 at the main restaurants for the week.  It's super easy to make all of your reservations via the Celebrity website so you don't have to worry about anything when you board for your cruise.

Very true. I didn't mention it because I assumed that Select was full since that has been mentioned on Cruise Critiic many times lately (inability to get Select Dining on the Edge), but each cruise is different so that may be an option. I was lucky to get Select on all of my Edge and Apex cruises. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising