CBD?

Shellbelle28

The earlier thread on prescription and OTC meds reminded me that I haven't had any success determining the status of cannabinol in Australia and New Zealand. I've read the official sites and they discuss "illegal substances" but it's not specifically on any lists I found. My husband takes CBD (no THC, extracted from hemp, which is legal everywhere in the US) gummies for pain. I'd like to bring them but not without a resource with correct information. 

Thanks in advance! 

17 minutes ago, Shellbelle28 said:

The earlier thread on prescription and OTC meds reminded me that I haven't had any success determining the status of cannabinol in Australia and New Zealand. I've read the official sites and they discuss "illegal substances" but it's not specifically on any lists I found. My husband takes CBD (no THC, extracted from hemp, which is legal everywhere in the US) gummies for pain. I'd like to bring them but not without a resource with correct information. 

Thanks in advance! 

I would not take even a speck of any such substance across international borders, UNLESS it was clearly WRITTEN OUT AS ACCEPTABLE, *and* if I was not transiting any other borders, even staying airside.

Some of the penalties can be... harsh...

But we are ultra careful/conservative about labeling and getting any permissions, etc.

GC

On 9/5/2019 at 12:28 PM, Shellbelle28 said:

The earlier thread on prescription and OTC meds reminded me that I haven't had any success determining the status of cannabinol in Australia and New Zealand.

So after a lot of reading and wading through various pieces of information, as far as I can tell it's listed as a schedule 4 drug here.  This means only available on prescription and if your are part of the Special Access Scheme (case by case basis and under exceptional clinical circumstances).  Not all States are in sync with their handling of CBD.  Personally I would not bring this into Australia.  Here is the email for the Department of Agriculture which deals with things coming into Australia which will be a better place to get proper authority on the subject.  http://www.agriculture.gov.au/general-inquiries 

I don't have a clue about NZ.

30 minutes ago, BrissieB said:

So after a lot of reading and wading through various pieces of information, as far as I can tell it's listed as a schedule 4 drug here.  This means only available on prescription and if your are part of the Special Access Scheme (case by case basis and under exceptional clinical circumstances).  Not all States are in sync with their handling of CBD.  Personally I would not bring this into Australia.  Here is the email for the Department of Agriculture which deals with things coming into Australia which will be a better place to get proper authority on the subject.  http://www.agriculture.gov.au/general-inquiries 

I don't have a clue about NZ.

THANK YOU BrissieB, this is what I needed to know. 

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Yep I‘ve been in lengthy discussions wth medical practitioners over trying it for pain Brissy got it spot on.

I used 75mg at night for a month or so earlier this year when I had pain from an ovarian tumor. It didn't really make it go away, but it was enough to get me to sleep and better than having a narcotics hangover in the morning from taking a pain pill!

Mr Shellbelle takes them for various joint pains accumulated by living the life of a carpenter and it helps. 

Here in the US marijuana itself is becoming legalized more and more, 12 states at least have legalized it both medically and for recreation. Seems to me like they should all just legalize, treat it like liquor and reap the tax income!