"New" to NCL questions

kicia

We just booked a last minute cruise on NCL.  We have lots of cruises but only 2 on NCL and never on the Sun. The last was about 7 years ago and I have a few questions. 

I read that water and pop cannot be brought on at embarkation so that is new.

On the previous cruises there was a place to store carryons until the cabins are ready.  True on the Sun?

Lunch could be eaten in the dining room instead of the buffet.  True?

We are lowly Bronze but it looks like we still get priority boarding?  Bottle of sparkling wine? 

We have a Noon check in  time.  Can we get get in earlier? 

We have a guarantee and no room yet.  Did the check in but don't have docs yet.  Maybe we'll get a nice room but we've never been upgraded on any cruise and not expecting one now. 

Anything else that would be helpful to know?

Thank you and looking forward to the Sun on Saturday. 

Just now, kicia said:

We just booked a last minute cruise on NCL.  We have lots of cruises but only 2 on NCL and never on the Sun. The last was about 7 years ago and I have a few questions. 

I read that water and pop cannot be brought on at embarkation so that is new. Correct

On the previous cruises there was a place to store carryons until the cabins are ready.  True on the Sun? I don't recall there being a spot to do this, but I could be wrong. I'm used to the larger NCL ships that don't.

Lunch could be eaten in the dining room instead of the buffet.  True? True but it opens a bit later that the buffet

We are lowly Bronze but it looks like we still get priority boarding?  Bottle of sparkling wine?  Bronze has no priority boarding. There *might* be a check-in line for Bronze, but I don't recall seeing one at Port Canaveral. How many days is the cruise - I think it has to be over 5 days to get the wine.

We have a Noon check in  time.  Can we get get in earlier? Yes, they don't actually care about the time.

We have a guarantee and no room yet.  Did the check in but don't have docs yet.  Maybe we'll get a nice room but we've never been upgraded on any cruise and not expecting one now. 

See responses in purple

Thank you.   The cruise is 5 days.  The list for the Bronze benefits lists priority check in at pier and bottle of sparkling wine per stateroom with no asterisks or other notes.  Doesn't really matter.  This is just a long weekend post Dorian cruise and we plan on enjoying it.  This is the first Sun cruise that does not have the open bar.  We lost Freeport and Stirrup Cay and just have Nassau but we're not going for the ports. 

I also have a lot of cruises but only two on NCL, back in 2012.  I booked the Sun for this Saturday at the last minute after we were cancelled on another cruise line.  Booked a guarantee for a 1F on August 30 and was assigned a 1A on September 3.  I was able to get dining reservations for two out of our three top choices, both early times on port days, but pleased that reservations were even available at the last minute.  We will be happy with any cruise, but I am hoping that we will be “surprised” with Great Stirrup Cay at the last minute.  I think they needed to make an itinerary decision but hadn’t had a chance to evaluate the damage at GSC, therefore the overnight Nassau.  Just my theory, but I do find it interesting that there are many Nassau excursions available to book on the 9th, none available for the next day.

18 minutes ago, kicia said:

Thank you.   The cruise is 5 days.  The list for the Bronze benefits lists priority check in at pier and bottle of sparkling wine per stateroom with no asterisks or other notes.  Doesn't really matter.  This is just a long weekend post Dorian cruise and we plan on enjoying it.  This is the first Sun cruise that does not have the open bar.  We lost Freeport and Stirrup Cay and just have Nassau but we're not going for the ports. 

No asterisks,  but I saw on here that short cruises don't get it and I didn't on my 3 night on Sun. 

The terminal NCL is using is an older smaller terminal. I just don't think there is space to have multiple checkin lines. I only recall seeing Platinum and above and suite have separate lines. But honestly I don't recall seeing Bronze lines in Seattle or Miami either. 

34 minutes ago, kicia said:

I read that water and pop cannot be brought on at embarkation so that is new.

On the previous cruises there was a place to store carryons until the cabins are ready.  True on the Sun?

There may be , just ask as you are  being swiped in at the top of the gangway.  Sometimes they have done this at Dazzles...  

Lunch could be eaten in the dining room instead of the buffet.  True?  Dining room is open for lunch

We are lowly Bronze but it looks like we still get priority boarding?  Bottle of sparkling wine?   Not an option on the wine for smaller cruises, only those longer than 5 days.  There is a latitudes line you can use for bronze, but you may be fine in the general line.  See which is longer...

We have a Noon check in  time.  Can we get get in earlier?   It's possible, but suites and handicapped will board before anyone else...  so not much before noon most likely.  Seems like the suits begin around 11:3O ...

We have a guarantee and no room yet.  Did the check in but don't have docs yet.  Maybe we'll get a nice room but we've never been upgraded on any cruise and not expecting one now.   Check your reservation email inbox online and see if you have been invited to bid on an upgrade...  This is the new upgrade program...