Academia Wait Time for Tickets in November

rgreenba

We will be visiting Florence on Saturday, November 2.  Taking the train from Liverno. Will there be a long wait to buy tickets at the Academia?  I'm hesitant to buy advanced tickets online because I cannot accurately predict our arrival time in Florence.

Even if a few of us have been there in November our experiences won't predict what you will find and could give you false hope.  Time in Florence is very limited on a port day visit because so much of it is eaten up getting there and getting back, why risk wasting any of it in a line?  Just pick a time toward the end of your day there rather than at the beginning.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Like 1

If you are going by train, then you know when you will arrive in florence. its only a 20 minute walk from train station to the galleria. So pick a time about 30 minutes from when your train will arrive in Florence. At most you will be waiting for about 5-10 minutes.

19 hours ago, jcu1210 said:

Is it better to purchase directly from the museum B-ticket? Or am I better going with Expedia,  Viator, etc

I would suggest you look at the price charged by the museum before messing around with third party sites that might mark-up the price.

Hank

20 hours ago, jcu1210 said:

Is it better to purchase directly from the museum B-ticket? Or am I better going with Expedia,  Viator, etc

There are very few situations where it makes sense to purchase from someone other than the supplier.  This is not one of them, buy directly from the museum's web site which in this case is B-ticket:  http://www.firenzemusei.it/home.html