Help for a total newbie!

MrsBee89

We have just booked on Voyager of The Seas for May 2020, 4 nights from Singapore. Me, husband, 2yo & 3yo. I don’t even know where to start with questions...

We booked a Panoramic Oceanview Suite (no balcony). Do we get suite perks? What are the perks, if any?

Can I book the unlimited dining package just for me & husband and have the kids eat beforehand but still come and sit with us or would they need to have the plan too?

Kids clubs, how do I sign up? What’s the charge?

Does the wifi work well? Don’t want to purchase a package if it’s useless

Any other tips for cruising with toddlers? Please don’t tell me not to do it! 

Any idea what kind of excursions they do in Phuket or if we can do it ourselves? 

We have just booked on Voyager of The Seas for May 2020, 4 nights from Singapore. Me, husband, 2yo & 3yo. I don’t even know where to start with questions...

We booked a Panoramic Oceanview Suite (no balcony). Do we get suite perks? What are the perks, if any?

Can I book the unlimited dining package just for me & husband and have the kids eat beforehand but still come and sit with us or would they need to have the plan too?

Kids clubs, how do I sign up? What’s the charge?

Does the wifi work well? Don’t want to purchase a package if it’s useless

Any idea what kind of excursions they do in Phuket or if we can do it ourselves? 

Hi MrsBee

there are many existing threads with some great answers for most of this. 

Couple of quick answers:

no charge for Kids Club. You sign them up on the first day once onboard. Search this forum for Adventure Ocean for a lot more detail. 

Wifi is generally pretty bad. Get the Surf & Stream for the most bearable speeds. If you want a device connected for the kids at the same time that you will want your own access get the package that provides multiple codes. 

Phuket: go to the forum for that location for the best answers about excursions but yes you can choose/book your own if you like. 

Have fun!

1 hour ago, M-H-B said:

Hi MrsBee

there are many existing threads with some great answers for most of this. 

Couple of quick answers:

no charge for Kids Club. You sign them up on the first day once onboard. Search this forum for Adventure Ocean for a lot more detail. 

Wifi is generally pretty bad. Get the Surf & Stream for the most bearable speeds. If you want a device connected for the kids at the same time that you will want your own access get the package that provides multiple codes. 

Phuket: go to the forum for that location for the best answers about excursions but yes you can choose/book your own if you like. 

Have fun!

Thank you, I have no idea how to search, I’ll try and and work it out though 🙂

5 hours ago, MrsBee89 said:

Kids clubs, how do I sign up? What’s the charge? You sign up once you board the ship. There will be staff as you board waiting for you. There is no charge.

Does the wifi work well? Don’t want to purchase a package if it’s useless The WiFi works okay, probably not as fast as what you are used to but well enough to get things done.

Enjoy your cruise with you children.

With respect to the kids club, it starts at age 3, so the 2 year old is too young to attend at all. Not sure if Voyager has a nursery. The 3 year old must be completely potty trained. They will not help at all. As for the dining package, just get for the two of you. When you make your reservations onboard, then you would book a table for four. 

8 minutes ago, gerif said:

With respect to the kids club, it starts at age 3, so the 2 year old is too young to attend at all. Not sure if Voyager has a nursery. The 3 year old must be completely potty trained. They will not help at all. As for the dining package, just get for the two of you. When you make your reservations onboard, then you would book a table for four. 

He’s potty trained and will be almost four on our trip 🙂. No nursery currently but the ship is going into dry dock this week (I think) and is sailing again in October with a nursery! Happy days! 

2 minutes ago, MrsBee89 said:

He’s potty trained and will be almost four on our trip 🙂. No nursery currently but the ship is going into dry dock this week (I think) and is sailing again in October with a nursery! Happy days! 

Oh, good. I’m pretty sure the nursery charges $5 per hour during the day and $6 per hour after 6. Sign up as soon as you board to get the hours you want. I think you can only get ten initially but if it’s not busy it will open up for more. While the kid’s club is free, there is a charge after 10 pm.