Upgrade Fairy paid an awesome visit

aungrl

Just had a text from good friends of ours who are booked on the “In the Wake of the Vikings” transatlantic cruise later this week - they booked this particular cruise because my DH and I raved about it when we did it in 2018 - and they got a complimentary upgrade to an Explorer Suite!  How awesome is that?  This will be their first Viking cruise, so they’re certainly going to get a special introduction to the cruise line and the ship.

I just had to post because my friends aren’t on CruiseCritic, and this was too good not to share!

• Like 3

Supercool! That would be such an amazing gift!

We’ve been on a fair number of Viking river and ocean cruises with 4 more booked- I’d love to get that kind of surprise, as many of you would, too! Our December cruise around Australia and New Zealand will include our 35th wedding anniversary (along with my cousins celebrating their 39th). We will have a grand time no matter which cabin we have!

Thank you, Viking, for these random acts of kindness! Just another example of quality.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Not a Georgia Peach said:

What category did they get upgraded from?

I’ll double-check with them when they’re back - they’re doing the pre-cruise extension and flew out this morning - and correct this if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure they were in a PS3.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My DH and I got a huge surprise last summer on the Mediterranean Odyssey Cruise on the maiden voyage of the Orion.  We where booked in a Penthouse suite and when I called to make my final payment to Viking directly the very nice travel agent said that I should be booking my excursions now.? Which I stated that my excursion window was to open the next month.  She then said we had been upgraded to the Owners Suite! I almost fainted. I actually went into My Viking Journey a few times to see if it was really true!  Not sure how we got this amazing upgrade. I celebrated my 60th birthday while we where on the ship! Have to say we where treated like royalty by all the staff. We where overwhelmed by all the attention as we are pretty independent and not needy.  It was a trip of a life time for both of us.  We just booked Alaska July 2020 on the Orion.  I see the owners suite is already booked.. one can only wish!  

• Like 3

On 9/25/2019 at 11:13 PM, ROTONDA said:

My DH and I got a huge surprise last summer on the Mediterranean Odyssey Cruise on the maiden voyage of the Orion.  We where booked in a Penthouse suite and when I called to make my final payment to Viking directly the very nice travel agent said that I should be booking my excursions now.? Which I stated that my excursion window was to open the next month.  She then said we had been upgraded to the Owners Suite! I almost fainted. I actually went into My Viking Journey a few times to see if it was really true!  Not sure how we got this amazing upgrade. I celebrated my 60th birthday while we where on the ship! Have to say we where treated like royalty by all the staff. We where overwhelmed by all the attention as we are pretty independent and not needy.  It was a trip of a life time for both of us.  We just booked Alaska July 2020 on the Orion.  I see the owners suite is already booked.. one can only wish!  

Now THAT’S a visit from the upgrade fairy!! 

• Like 1

We have some friends who decided to join us on "South Pacific and Land Down Under," which we booked a year ago.  They booked the cruise at the end of July and are first time cruisers on Viking.  After booking a V2 guaranteed cabin, they were upgraded today to a DV2!  They didn't realize how lucky they were until I told them. This will be our 3rd Viking cruise and we have another one booked.  We thought that we were fortunate to be upgraded from V2 to DV4 in May.  99 days before we sail away!

On 9/26/2019 at 12:13 AM, ROTONDA said:

Congrats. You are the second person I have read reporting an upgrade to the Owner's Suite. So, it is not impossible and we should all just keep wishing. For me, Viking, if you are going to hit me with an upgrade to the Owner's Suite, could you hold off until my 50th anniversary in 2025? THX. 💖

The Upgrade Fairy Lives - and here is proof

19 minutes ago, Islandbc said:

We have some friends who decided to join us on "South Pacific and Land Down Under," which we booked a year ago.  They booked the cruise at the end of July and are first time cruisers on Viking.  After booking a V2 guaranteed cabin, they were upgraded today to a DV2!  They didn't realize how lucky they were until I told them. This will be our 3rd Viking cruise and we have another one booked.  We thought that we were fortunate to be upgraded from V2 to DV4 in May.  99 days before we sail away!

V's frequently get moved. The V cabins are popular and sell more quickly, especially to people looking for a last minute bargain. So Viking is willing to upgrade pax a level or two to be able to sell the V cabin again, rather than hoping that a vacant higher category will actually sell.

Edited by Peregrina651

28 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Congrats. You are the second person I have read reporting an upgrade to the Owner's Suite. So, it is not impossible and we should all just keep wishing. For me, Viking, if you are going to hit me with an upgrade to the Owner's Suite, could you hold off until my 50th anniversary in 2025? THX. 💖

The Upgrade Fairy Lives - and here is proof

We are celebrating our 49th anniversary with this cruise.  I'm OK getting the big upgrade a year before our 50th!