Set Sail Pass/Check-in - Online vs App questions

SRV FAN

36 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The ship could know the source, it all depends on how the various systems are programmed.

While yes, they probably could, it would not make a difference. It’s sort of like saying that shopping on Amazon website is different to shopping on their app. Amazon don’t care which way you do it, it’s all the same thing.

46 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

At the time of my “check-in” .... it said if I checked-in via the App, I would get “Expedited Check-in” at the pier.

From y’awls posts it appears that that was something special they were offering at the time & not the norm. 

To me, it was easier to check-in online. But now I wish I had done it via the App, so that I would have “Expedited” on my Set Sail pass just to see what it is all about. 

It seems as if now there isn’t really any difference in the outcome checking in with either source.   

I think you misread it, it says for a CHANCE for Expedited Arrival.

8AB3531C-D5E9-487E-818A-86BE29BBFC8D.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SRV FAN said:

At the time of my “check-in” .... it said if I checked-in via the App, I would get “Expedited Check-in” at the pier.

It seems as if now there isn’t really any difference in the outcome checking in with either source.   

Depending on the port/timing, expedited check in can definitely make things quicker/easier.

I can't imagine that "expedited" really means that much at Cape Liberty.   So I don't have it on my set sail pass because I checked-in on a desktop but then downloaded the app, so I can access all the info, including pass, on my smart phone.   Last few check-ins at Cape Liberty were very fast.  It was great!  I've found the only slow-down is people who have not uploaded a photo, or worse yet, payment method.  Got stuck behind that group last time.