SeaDream I any recent renovation?

PhoebeDeebe

Love Sea Dream but the last time I sailed the ship was not in the best shape. For example, we had black soot falling from the air conditioning vent onto the bed, and at times the tap water was very discolored. This was in December 2016. Considering going again soon but would like to know if there have been any renovations since then. Cannot seem to find any info online.

15 hours ago, PhoebeDeebe said:

Love Sea Dream but the last time I sailed the ship was not in the best shape. For example, we had black soot falling from the air conditioning vent onto the bed, and at times the tap water was very discolored. This was in December 2016. Considering going again soon but would like to know if there have been any renovations since then. Cannot seem to find any info online.

We disembarked SD 1 yesterday after an exceptional 11 day voyage.  The ships go into dry dock regularly.  No soot and no colored water.  The ships are 35 years old but are very well maintained. Hope that helps.

11 hours ago, ctbjr1309 said:

We disembarked SD 1 yesterday after an exceptional 11 day voyage.  The ships go into dry dock regularly.  No soot and no colored water.  The ships are 35 years old but are very well maintained. Hope that helps.

Glad you had a good time, ctbjr.  I hope the weather cooled a bit for you and the crowds thinned out.  We did the cruise before them, PhoebeDeebe, and we had no complaints about the condition of the yacht.  Everything worked and varnish looked fresh. A/C performed better than we've ever seen. When a light bulb in the bath went out, it was promptly changed.  Of course, the carpeting in our room had spots, but we have seen them changing the carpets frequently when they have open rooms.  But other than that, I think SD1, and 2 for that matter, are very good looking for their age.  I should look so good when I hit 35.  😎 

2 hours ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Glad you had a good time, ctbjr.  I hope the weather cooled a bit for you and the crowds thinned out.

Thanks, Trapper.  We were very fortunate with the weather.  Not too hot and just a touch of rain.  Venice and Dubrovnik were mob scenes as usual but no crowd issues elsewhere.  Incidentally, I agree with your comment about the A/C.  It's never worked better!

5 hours ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Glad you had a good time, ctbjr.  I hope the weather cooled a bit for you and the crowds thinned out.  We did the cruise before them, PhoebeDeebe, and we had no complaints about the condition of the yacht.  Everything worked and varnish looked fresh. A/C performed better than we've ever seen. When a light bulb in the bath went out, it was promptly changed.  Of course, the carpeting in our room had spots, but we have seen them changing the carpets frequently when they have open rooms.  But other than that, I think SD1, and 2 for that matter, are very good looking for their age.  I should look so good when I hit 35.  😎 

Trapper is 35 in Dog Years....🍸

• Haha 1