Crown Princess - Wine Package

lljost

Wondering if anyone who has been on the Crown this past summer can tell me if the Wine Package was offered.  We are headed there next week for the transatlantic.  My understanding is that if offered they only have the Gold Tier?  Does anyone know the level of price per bottle and the current costs and number of bottles included?  Thank you in advance for your help!

1 hour ago, lljost said:

Has anyone bought a wine package on any Princess ship lately?  Is it even offered any more? Any help is appreciated!

I purchased the Gold package on the Royal in April which we purchased on our first of two 7-day B2B cruises.  The Silver package was not available because nothing on the new wine list is under the $31 limit.

I’ve read posts where passengers were told onboard they’re planning to change the package however haven’t read any post about that happening...yet.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/Wine-Menu.pdf

I’m planning on the Gold package being available on our Fall month long cruise.

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price) plus 18% tip:

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We will be on the Royal Princess for one week in November. Do you know if they have the gold wine package for one week cruises?  Also does the 7 bottle price include the 18% fee or do they charge that on the bottle you select? That seems sort of strange but just wondering. Or, do they charge $217 plus 18% tax when you buy it? If the wine package is available for purchase for our cruise can you buy it in advance or do you buy it once on board. Do you tell the waiter you have the wine package and pick a bottle each night? Also if they bottle cost is above $45 can you pay the difference or do you have to buy it outside the package? So many questions but maybe someone knows the answers.

Thank you,

Andrea

we  were  just  on  the  Grand  to  Alaska...10  days.

Purchased  7  day  gold  package.

Bottles  up  to  $45 included.  You  receive a punch  card  the  size  of a  business  card.

The  18  %  gratuity is  charged  at  purchase.

Any  bottle over  the  $45  you  only  pay  the   additional  charge.  we  bought   several  over  the  $45  limit.

Bottles  can  only  be  purchased  in  the  dining  room.  We  bought   champagne   during  one  lunch. 

Interesting  system.  If  the  bottle is  over   $45  they  charge  you  the  full price   when purchased....then  the  next  day  a  $45  credit  goes  on  bill.  

It  worked  out  great  for  us.  We  enjoyed  some  new  wines. 

Sure  some  one  will  correct  me  but  believe  the  cruise  needs  to  be  10  days  or  more  to buy  the  card.

• Like 1