Hotel for MIA Airport and Cruise Terminal

ShipShapely

Hi, We are leaving on a cruise in December out of port of Miami and want to fly in to MIA the day before. Anyone have suggestions for best and easiest way to do this? Are there any hotels where you could get directly from your flight at MIA to the hotel without needing a taxi or shuttle (walking). If not, are there any hotels near to the cruise ship terminals and or near to the airport that might provide transportation. Looking for hotel suggestions and ideas. Never sailed out of Miami before. Was looking at a Marriot at Biscayne Bay - but trying to avoid two taxi trips (i.e. from the airport to the hotel and then the next day to the cruise ship terminal) - THANKS ALL!

I apologize if there are already threads about this - I searched and could not find. 

There is only one hotel miahotel.com at Concourse E (2nd Floor) at Miami Airport. 

Then you can use one of various shuttles or rideshare the next day to the Port.

Otherwise, pick a hotel from any of these areas for easiest access to the Port - I suggest Downtown, A&E or Brickell instead of airport hotels. Do not worry about hotel transfers. Other transfer options are more convenient. Pick a hotel that suits your budget and needs, then pick transport.

Hotel-Clusters.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe
  • Thanks 1

the taxis are  not too expensive to  the Port area hotels   so why stay at the airport ??

Some hotels  near the port offer  a fee based shuttle  to the port

It was $8 pp from the Hampton Inn   a taxi  is about $20 with tip from there

Holiday Inn is across from the port   & if trying to save money you could  walk the mile or 2  to the ship

a taxi is about $10-15

At some point  you will need to pay for transportation

JMO

• Like 1

There is only one hotel directly inside MIA airport. 

I would suggest a hotel near the port in Downtown Miami or Brickell. Its right there next to the port and in a good area to find dinner depending on what time of day you are coming in. If you are coming in late a night you could easily just pick an airport area hotel with a free shuttle and then take a taxi/uber to the Port the next day. Miami is not large in miles, the airport is 8-miles or so from the port. 

Popular choices that I recommend in Downtown/Brickell are Hampton Inn Brickell, Holiday Inn Port Miami, Intercontinental Miami, YVE Hotel, East Miami and loads of other options. 

Also Uber, especially for a small group is always cheaper than a taxi and much better service. An Uberx from MIA to Downtown Miami is around $15-$20 and an Uberx from there to the port is no more than $10.00 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShipShapely said:

LHT snd STEERAGE Joe (awesome map btw thanks!!); great suggestions both of you much appreciate. its not the cost of two transfers but trying to minimize hassle. 

No Hassle

walk to the taxi stand   or call UBER   go to the hotel  in downtown Miami

next morning  take a taxi or UBER to the port

If you take  a free or fee based shuttle you are waiting for others to fill  the van then  going to the port there are multiple  drop offs at the different  piers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

No Hassle

walk to the taxi stand   or call UBER   go to the hotel  in downtown Miami

next morning  take a taxi or UBER to the port

If you take  a free or fee based shuttle you are waiting for others to fill  the van then  going to the port there are multiple  drop offs at the different  piers

Thank you. yes that is the simplest. we used uber to go to airport in our hometown. worked out well. Thx again. 

3 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

There is only one hotel miahotel.com at Concourse E (2nd Floor) at Miami Airport. 

Then you can use one of various shuttles or rideshare the next day to the Port.

Otherwise, pick a hotel from any of these areas for easiest access to the Port - I suggest Downtown, A&E or Brickell instead of airport hotels. Do not worry about hotel transfers. Other transfer options are more convenient. Pick a hotel that suits your budget and needs, then pick transport.

Hotel-Clusters.jpg

Another great map from SteerageJoe!

Carolyn - can this map and SteerageJoe's similar Fort Lauderdale map be made into stickies?  I think posters - especially new to either/both ports - would find them useful.  I know I've hunted down the Fort Lauderdale map to use in responses.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Another great map from SteerageJoe!

Carolyn - can this map and SteerageJoe's similar Fort Lauderdale map be made into stickies?  I think posters - especially new to either/both ports - would find them useful.  I know I've hunted down the Fort Lauderdale map to use in responses.

I like this one for Port Everglades Hotels!

PortEvergladesHotel-Clusters.jpg

• Like 1