Weather related Itinerary Change in the North Atlantic

kcpvwill

Hi Andy,

Onboard the Sun we aren't seeing any..... sun that is.  Back on schedule and docked in Rainy Cold Reykjavik.  Looks like Hurricane Humberto and remnants will be well south of us but Hurricane Jerry ensemble models look like he will be unavoidable unless we are somewhere in the St. Lawrence Seaway.  Time will tell.  For now we are heading out in the rainy cold to soak in a pond.....ok, a lagoon.  Hope there is a hot shower and an Irish Coffee somewhere in the near future.😳 

5 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Hi Andy,

Onboard the Sun we aren't seeing any..... sun that is.  Back on schedule and docked in Rainy Cold Reykjavik.  Looks like Hurricane Humberto and remnants will be well south of us but Hurricane Jerry ensemble models look like he will be unavoidable unless we are somewhere in the St. Lawrence Seaway.  Time will tell.  For now we are heading out in the rainy cold to soak in a pond.....ok, a lagoon.  Hope there is a hot shower and an Irish Coffee somewhere in the near future.😳 

Jim - enjoy the Blue Lagoon. I believe they even have a cocktail named after it.

Hoping you get a clear run into the Seaway. 

• Like 1

Heidi,

Thanks, once again, for a detailed and informative reply. As I stated before, you have the background, knowledge, etc. and so can respond to the Viking Sky situation in a far more objective manner than I am able to. I appreciate your words of encouragement and do hope that my next sail in the North Atlantic is indeed a pleasant one. I'll try not to worry about any hurricanes forming while we're out there :)  

• Like 1