Table for two

mrpayroll

1 hour ago, mrpayroll said:

Wondering if anyone knows if the Magic has tables for two in the upper southern lights dining room along the rail looking down to the lower level.  Thanks..

Most of the ships have tables for 2 on the upper level next to the rail.  You can request one but are not guaranteed to get it.

1 hour ago, Garth2 said:

Most of the ships have tables for 2 on the upper level next to the rail.  You can request one but are not guaranteed to get it.

Thanks. I know some ships have them, but others have booths along there that seat four. 

We asked for table for two next to rail on Magic and wasn't available so we took what they offered and it was a table for two separated by about six inches from another table for two...so in reality we got stuck with another couple at a table for four.

On a cruise on the Pride I wanted a table for 2.  I spoke to the maitr’d and he said he will try to accommodate us.  What we got was a table for 2 but basically in the middle of the dining room, next to the area where they unload dishes.  Felt like we were on display.  Never went back.

9 hours ago, TEXSUN46 said:

We asked for table for two next to rail on Magic and wasn't available so we took what they offered and it was a table for two separated by about six inches from another table for two...so in reality we got stuck with another couple at a table for four.

I hate tables like that. 

20 hours ago, TEXSUN46 said:

We had pretty much the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago on the Vista.  I requested a table for two. We were seated at a table for two, six inches from the table for 6 next to us.  I went to the maitre d there in the dining room during dinner that first night and asked for a private table for two and he generously accommodated us with an actual table for two.  Dinner was wonderful the rest of the week. 

I love tables for two.  I am a friendly person around ship, but I don't enjoy having to make conversation at dinner. 

Actually,  we sometimes use a table for 4 if possible because the guy I travel with needs assistance eating and it  is easier if I  am sitting perpendicular to him,  not facing him across the table. 

Sometimes it takes a bit of explaining that to whoever seats us.