Horizon cabin safe

khewston

From the Carnival website Q&A's: 

"For our guest's convenience and security, a safe is provided in every stateroom and is located in either a closet or a cabinet. The size of the safe may vary among the fleet - the approximate size is 10" W x 9"H x 8" D.

Depending on the type of safe installed in the stateroom, it can be accessed by using a card with a magnetic strip, such as a credit card; only one designated card can be used to reopen the safe. Some safes can be accessed by using a keypad with a personal numeric code.

On the Carnival Fantasy and Carnival Ecstasy, guests must obtain a key from their Room Steward. There is no charge; however, a $40 fee will be charged to their Sail & Sign Account in the event the key is lost or not returned by the last evening of the cruise."

Those must be outside dimensions. There wasn't much wiggle room in ours when I put my hand in there.

Just lock it up in your suitcase when you are not using it, if you feel the need to lock it up.  Honestly, I leave mine out all of the time because I'm usually trying to upload photos to Facebook, which takes awhile.  So I leave it to do it's thing and then we go out to dinner or some other activity.  And I've never had a problem.