Hop On Hop Off Tours post cruise

mom2two2

We will be getting off the Navigator in Miami and staying overnight one night post cruise.  I was wondering if anyone has any experience disembarking first thing and doing a hop on hop off tour in the area?  We would love to see the different neighborhoods in the city.  Are there any companies that offer storage on the bus for our luggage or somewhere near the pier that we can pay to store suitcases?

We will be staying at the Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon and would need to eventually make our way there after the tour.

5 hours ago, mom2two2 said:

We will be getting off the Navigator in Miami and staying overnight one night post cruise.  I was wondering if anyone has any experience disembarking first thing and doing a hop on hop off tour in the area?  We would love to see the different neighborhoods in the city.  Are there any companies that offer storage on the bus for our luggage or somewhere near the pier that we can pay to store suitcases?

We will be staying at the Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon and would need to eventually make our way there after the tour.

Does your cruise line offer an excursion? My first thought is to do an excursion that drops you off at the Miami Airport. They often have a bus tour.  From the airport, just take the Hilton shuttle. 

Personally, though, I'd Uber to the hotel and drop off luggage/check in.  Then head out for the day. Uber back over to a hoho stop after. 

The cruise line usually offers the Miami hoho bus as a post cruise excursion. The bus takes you and your luggage to the hoho company's central station, where your luggage is stored. You can then make full use of the different loops offered. They then provide shuttles to the airport (on my upcoming cruise these are at 3pm and 5pm) and from there you can get your hotel's shuttle to the hotel. 

The excursion gives you convenience but it comes at a price (especially if there are several of you) and as a downside you have to abide by the times they set or pay out extra to get your own transport to the hotel afterwards, whereas doing as @BNBR suggested, you can work to your own schedule.