Pier shuttle

doublej

I had only been to Costa Maya once before, so looked for the construction of a pier, expecting a second pier.

However, based on your description...

Facing away from the "shopping center" back towards the pier.  Past the end of the ship there was a dog leg of the pier to the left.  Is this the extension you are referring to?

If so, it looked largely complete.  There were no cranes on the extension or on barges next to the pier.  However, I believe there were barricades in place if you attempted to make a left turn on to the extension.  There were barricades around the bollards on the extension, much like on the part of the pier where we docked.  So I am thinking it is getting close, if I got the extension part correct.

No that left dog leg has been there a long time.  Supposedly extending the main pier out beyond where the extension meets to accommodate 6 ships not just 3.  So if the main pier was longer, then the extension is complete.  If not, then it hasn't started.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

No that left dog leg has been there a long time.  Supposedly extending the main pier out beyond where the extension meets to accommodate 6 ships not just 3.  So if the main pier was longer, then the extension is complete.  If not, then it hasn't started.

Not sure why this is in Mazatlan post!

https://themazatlanpost.com/2019/03/16/puerto-costa-maya-opens-fourth-cruise-berth/

Doesn't mention 6 ships - maybe the others tender?