carnival wifi

miyanc

I have been spoiled on RCL my last few cruises with voom.  I am going on a New Years cruise on the Sunshine.  I am curious what wifi package I would need to play online chess.  Either Chess.com or lichess apps.  I am sure the top tier would get me there, I don't think the bottom would, so I guess I am asking about the middle one?  It's funny that I don't actually pay to play online, but I am so addicted to playing that I am considering paying to be able to play while on vacation.  I don't gamble, drink and considering recently had to give up one of my favorite things in the world....... coffee,  I guess a health addiction to chess ( and being terrible at it) isn'ht the worst thing.  I usually listen to audiobooks while I lose.  

Thanks in advance.

I know the Sunrise has the upgraded wifi service, but I'm not sure if Sunshine does. Both are older ships that have been refitted into "new" ships, but the Sunrise is the most recent one and they upgraded it's wifi. In a recent thread, people were saying they've been able to access their online home security cameras with the Value plan, so it might be good enough to get on your chess website. I'm not sure about the apps. The information Carnival includes in their FAQ's isn't going to mention game websites like you want, but that doesn't mean they won't work. If all else fails and the Value plan doesn't work, you can upgrade to the Premium plan onboard.