Excursion Timing Viking Ocean Cruises

coloradocruiselover88

1 hour ago, coloradocruiselover88 said:

Will Viking allow me to book excursions that only have 15 minutes in between? For instance if one of the included excursions ends at 12:15pm can I get on another one that starts at 12:30pm?

Thanks

It's a computer and it will let you book - but if it is an optional excursion that you are  paying for, I would advise against it. The tour operators are independent contractors and cannot guarantee you will return at the stated time for various reasons.  If you don't make it back in time for the next tour, I don't know what their policy would be as to a refund.

It's a computer and it will let you book - but if it is an optional excursion that you are  paying for, I would advise against it. The tour operators are independent contractors and cannot guarantee you will return at the stated time for various reasons.  If you don't make it back in time for the next tour, I don't know what their policy would be as to a refund.
Actually, in almost all cases Viking will NOT let you book it. It will be flagged as a schedule conflict (by "the computer"). Their system requires 30 minutes from the scheduled end of one excursion to the start of another.
I have heard of only one case where two excursions were identified as Part 1 and Part 2, where they allowed people to book either of the two halves of the combined excursion or both.
Sometimes schedules may be changed slightly, or delays may occur, and they don't want to have to deal with the repercussions that would come from the resulting missed excursions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There is a way around it but you have to wait until you are on board. 

If there is enough room on the tour, usually the Shorex people will let you walk-on to a tour. Just present yourself to Shorex personnel on the dock and they will try to get you a seat. They will add the tour to your on board account from the dock and give you a tour ticket to present to the tour guide at the bus. It smooths the way if you talk with the Shorex desk in advance but even a last minute decision can be handled in this way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1