Why do cheap?

MikeNKim

4 hours ago, marco said:

Cruising on MSC in Europe and out of Fla to the Caribbean is like cruising on two separate lines  We love MSC out of Fla to the Caribbean, not so much in  Europe.  We've gone 3 years in a row out of Fla and with each year, seems they've become more comparable with other lines on similar itineraries and over those 3 years, more US/Canadian and fewer  European passengers.  I think their prices are what they are to attract more people to MSC. 

What would you say you didnt like so much cruising MSC in Europe? 

5 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Not challenging any of what you said (it's your time and money, after all), but do I understand you correctly when you say you'd never consider sailing with MSC again on ANY ship due to your one experience with them? Again, please understand I am just surprised, I'm not questioning your right as a passenger to decide what's right for YOU. Thanks. 

Hi DCGuy64

You have understood my position. I paid my hard earned cash to MSC and received a very poor cruise in return. On that basis I won't consider cruising with them again. I've had many excellent cruises with many different cruise lines so I'll stick with those companies who've earned my repeat custom.

3 hours ago, Homosassa said:

I think I have probably been behind you or someone similar at Guest Services that start their list of complaints with "On Carnival...."

Thankfully, MSC is not Carnival and , hopefully, will never try to copy Carnival.  

No you haven't. 

The original poster stated that he's "an avid Carnival cruiser" and asked about MSC "have you all had good experiences". I have not had a good experience with MSC and shared that with the original poster. 

As you state, MSC is not Carnival, and as the original poster is "an avid Carnival cruiser" he may be disappointed with MSC.

Hi DCGuy64

You have understood my position. I paid my hard earned cash to MSC and received a very poor cruise in return. On that basis I won't consider cruising with them again. I've had many excellent cruises with many different cruise lines so I'll stick with those companies who've earned my repeat custom.

Best of luck with your next cruise, whomever it may be with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, marco said:

Cruising on MSC in Europe and out of Fla to the Caribbean is like cruising on two separate lines  We love MSC out of Fla to the Caribbean, not so much in  Europe. 

Interestingly, my experience is backwards. I found MSC out of Miami to be mediocre at best, and MSC in Europe to be outstanding, easily one of the best cruises I’ve taken in my 35+ years of cruising.

Our sailing out of Miami was on the Divina back in 2016, and while we had an enjoyable time, the  overall experience left a lot to be desired in terms of cuisine, customer service, and organization. The ship was beautiful and impeccably clean, but we kept running into all sorts of glitches and snafus. We overlooked a lot because it was so cheap. But my wife made me swear that we’d never sail on MSC again. 

Thankfully I convinced her to try MSC again, this time on the Meraviglia out of Civitavecchia, and the experience was vastly better, like sailing on a different cruise line. We loved everything about that cruise, and MSC operated like a well oiled machine in the Mediterranean. After that cruise, I now consider MSC one of my favorite cruise lines. 

Edited by Tapi

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2019 at 10:59 PM, Tapi said:

Interestingly, my experience is backwards. I found MSC out of Miami to be mediocre at best, and MSC in Europe to be outstanding, easily one of the best cruises I’ve taken in my 35+ years of cruising.

Our sailing out of Miami was on the Divina back in 2016, and while we had an enjoyable time, the  overall experience left a lot to be desired in terms of cuisine, customer service, and organization. The ship was beautiful and impeccably clean, but we kept running into all sorts of glitches and snafus. We overlooked a lot because it was so cheap. But my wife made me swear that we’d never sail on MSC again. 

Thankfully I convinced her to try MSC again, this time on the Meraviglia out of Civitavecchia, and the experience was vastly better, like sailing on a different cruise line. We loved everything about that cruise, and MSC operated like a well oiled machine in the Mediterranean. After that cruise, I now consider MSC one of my favorite cruise lines. 

Your experience of two totally different experiences is why I think some people ask cruisers on here about their one and done comments about an entire cruise line after just one sailing on one ship.