False Advertising?

*CruiseFan*

*gasp*

The title is really more catchy than anything. This is completely and 100% random but I am watching Jay Leno about to go to bed and a Carnival commercial comes on. I'm thinking it's the same one with the cheesy couple having fun (wish I could be that cheesy right now!) but no, it's a new commercial.

The fun in the sun, laughs, all that is true. BUT, they show the mother and father in the hot tub HOLDING DRINKS AND LAUGHING. Wrong. We normally have Miller Lite bottles so of course they don't allow those, but I have NEVER seen Carnival allow ANY drinks of any kind. If pouring my drink in a cup and passing it off as apple juice is going to allow me to enjoy that frosty beverage while in the hot tub then I might just have to do that ;) In all actuality I don't care what I have to drink but when you've been by the pool in the sun all day a glass of water or lemonade would be awesome while relaxing in there...

Say it isn't so!

Seriously though, has anyone here been allowed any kind of drink (beyond water, their drinks were pink and yellow) - juice, beer, or the like in the hot tub? Pool they'll allow on the side but not in the actual pool part. On the last 2 Carnival cruises I've been on we were NOT allowed drinks of any sort in the hot tub.

Long enough post, haha, sorry.

I have seen a lot of people in hot tubs with drinks!!

(I am not a beer drinker...but I thought that Carnival did away with actual glassware on the Lido. :confused: All those foo-foo/DOD's are all in plastic...no plastic beer bottles yet?)

...We started on Carnival a long time ago, we have tons of souvenier glassware in the cupboard...Hmmm I wonder if I could get anything for it?! Vintage?! LOL :rolleyes: :p )

(I am not a beer drinker...but I thought that Carnival did away with actual glassware on the Lido. :confused: All those foo-foo/DOD's are all in plastic...no plastic beer bottles yet?)

They do have the 16 oz. plastic Miller Lite bottles that you can get throughout the ship. You can buy them in a bucket on the Lido deck. We've never tried them in the hot tub because.... we don't use the hot tub!

Have one at home that I know is clean, so less of a big deal on board I guess!

Tried having a drink in the hot tub every time, and been booted from the hot tub everytime... as Brenda said, they always tell us the hot tubs are a hygiene area :p I guess they think people might spill a strawberry daiquiri in there or something :D You can't even set the drink beside the hot tub... if security sees it, they will come ask you to remove it. There are signs everywhere stating this, but I always conveniently forget that after a few drinks :o

YUP........I've seen Lucy do that.:rolleyes: ...I would NEVER!:D

Although I'm a loyal Carnival Fan.....I do say an area that RCI has over them....the waiters will actually SERVE you in the hot tub...gotta love that!;)

Uh huh... you might not, but Ricky would FOR SURE :p With his white dolphin!! :eek:

I'll have to check out that feature on RCL in 3 weeks!!!!

Uh huh... you might not, but Ricky would FOR SURE :p With his white dolphin!! :eek:

I'll have to check out that feature on RCL in 3 weeks!!!!

Yeah....THAT guy would.....NOT that there's anything WRONG with it;) ....and yes you'll love that part of RCI.:D

What about the commercial where the husband & wife are in their robes & being served coffee on their balcony. I don't think that happens!

Was that in a Carnival commercial? it does happen on Celebrity, in Concierge Class if you order room service breakfast your cabin steward serves it on your balcony complete with tablecloth and flowers, and yes, he will pour your coffee!:D

The fun in the sun, laughs, all that is true. BUT, they show the mother and father in the hot tub HOLDING DRINKS AND LAUGHING.

I know that commercial, I love it.

If you focus on the background you can see their baby bobbing up and down in the hot tub also. Diaper clad of course. Subliminally, the camera catches the Adults Only sign...

I've seen people drinking in the hot tub (never in glass glasses mind you) and I've also seen security ask people to remove drinks. I think it depends (like every other Carnival policy) on which ship your on, which security/other personnel happen to see you, how much they're into their job that day, where the sun is in your astrological chart, and if there was a full moon the night before. There is appearantly no policy that is actively enforced all the time. And not to get on another subject but I say if you want to enforce pool policies- let people drink in the hot tub and start enforcing the "No Chair Saving Policy".....

Cotton - They're all cheesey (haha, thanks for the spelling tip I didn't think it looked correct the first way I had it). Overly happy - just like ANY commercial :) BUT, it totally makes me want to go on a cruise even more when seeing people so happy so obviously it's working.

Archived