Vero Water

spindrift

4 hours ago, Traveling Fools said:

How about this idea....In the interest of reducing pollution attributed to improper disposal of plastic bottles "O" provides each cabin with 2-insulatated, reusable souvenir bottle like containers with their logo and a statement regarding their interest in bettering the environment. Oh.....just thought of something. In the event you either run out of water from the ship and need more, or forget to take the ship's flask and need to wet your whistle while on that excursion you are on, what will the water you purchase while on shore come in?

I'd much rather have that than a stupid tote bag.  And if I need more I use a water fountain or ask a bar or restaurant for a refill.

1 hour ago, DrHemlock said:

Not that I plan to stop taking cruises!

Of course not.  But there are people who pretty much say that if everything can't be solved then they're not going to do anything.  Good writeup btw.

2 hours ago, tvmovielover said:

Thanks to the person on the previous page that mentioned their Galapagos Water bottles.  We have a set too which I will bring on our cruise next year.  I do not mind schlepping them back to the ship and reusing them.  We did it on our 20 day land trip this year after finding just the right size liter bottle that fit in my bag.

I schlep my water bottle every day, everywhere I do.  If I forget it and it's reasonable to do so I go back home to get it.

9 minutes ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

To recent cruisers, how is the Vero water working out on board.  I'm especially interested in the quality of the water, sanitation issues,  and  convenience.

w

We experienced Vero on Regent's Navigator recently, and found it to be fine.  A heavy glass bottle of the Vero-filtered water is placed in the suites/staterooms.  It is replaced each day with a fresh bottle.  My only comment is that when full, the bottle is quite heavy and it's best to use two hands when pouring the water into a glass.  The quality is very good.   As of last month, Navigator was still handing out the usual plastic bottles at the gangway for use during excursions ashore.

edit:  the same Vero bottles are used in the restaurants for serving water at the tables

Edited by RJ2002
  • Like 1