Request: Edited Post Grace Time

I've noticed on this forum that any time you edit a post, even if it's within seconds of posting the original post, it flags it as edited.  On other message boards I participate in, it usually gives you a few minutes of grace time to fix your posts without flagging them as edited.  This is preferred because it allows typos to be fixed without drawing attention to the fact that you made a mistake in the first place.  Even just 1 minute grace would be appreciated.

From Community Help Center  :

... For questions or comments regarding the management of our community or any user-generated content you find on our site, or for media inquiries, please contact our Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com

From the Guidelines:

... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com

Edited by Host Kat
additional info

2 hours ago, timf2001 said:

I've noticed on this forum that any time you edit a post, even if it's within seconds of posting the original post, it flags it as edited.  On other message boards I participate in, it usually gives you a few minutes of grace time to fix your posts without flagging them as edited.  This is preferred because it allows typos to be fixed without drawing attention to the fact that you made a mistake in the first place.  Even just 1 minute grace would be appreciated.

How do you edit a post?

32 minutes ago, dclark2018 said:

How do you edit a post?

10 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

A link appears near the bottom of your post, but only for a limited time.

The time limit for editing is about 18-20 minutes for members. The edit must be completed, saved and posted before the time limit expires. After the time limit expires, the Edit feature disappears from a member's post.

18 hours ago, timf2001 said:

On other message boards I participate in, it usually gives you a few minutes of grace time to fix your posts without flagging them as edited.  This is preferred because it allows typos to be fixed without drawing attention to the fact that you made a mistake in the first place. 

Unless you fill in the box to give a reason for your edit -- there's no requirement that you do so -- no one will know why you edited your post.  For all anyone knows, you added a new sentence, or moved something around.   (I hate when I have typos too!) 

Edited by Turtles06