1/2 beach day after Nelson’s?

Vineyard View

We will be the only ship in port (900 pax) in the next couple weeks for a full day (0700-1800). We plan on leaving the ship first thing before excursions and catching a cab to Nelson’s Dockyard. Having never been, we don’t want to be rushed, yet don’t know how much time to estimate spending there. Is this a good place to have lunch and hang?  Following Nelson’s we would like to spend some beach time not too far from the ship. Maybe wait until then for lunch?  We have considered Limerz after all the great reviews and correspondence with Gail, but not sure if that makes sense for what could be a few hours. 

I would appreciate some guidance on how much time to allow at Nelson’s as well as short beach day options that may or may not Include lunch, but should include drinks/loungers/snacks. 

20 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

We will be the only ship in port (900 pax) in the next couple weeks for a full day (0700-1800). We plan on leaving the ship first thing before excursions and catching a cab to Nelson’s Dockyard. Having never been, we don’t want to be rushed, yet don’t know how much time to estimate spending there. Is this a good place to have lunch and hang?  Following Nelson’s we would like to spend some beach time not too far from the ship. Maybe wait until then for lunch?  We have considered Limerz after all the great reviews and correspondence with Gail, but not sure if that makes sense for what could be a few hours. 

I would appreciate some guidance on how much time to allow at Nelson’s as well as short beach day options that may or may not Include lunch, but should include drinks/loungers/snacks. 

On the way back to the ship is Jacqui O's.  This is a great place for Luch, Drinks, Beach and hang out.  Let Lance know you are arriving for Lunch to reserve your space.

10 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I just sent them an email. They do not reopen until 11/1 and we will be there 10/15. Thank you anyway. Maybe next time!

As you're that way, consider Catherine's Cafe as an excellent second choice, because since the takeover, the food has improved greatly.  Think it will suit perfectly.

Do let them know your commming for lunch and drinks, and reserve your beds.  The reason for booking is that the free beach sun-beds are for guests only when dining are limited in their number.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Sunbeds

33 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Thanks Port Royal. I did look at them as well. They are closed on Tuesdays & Wednesday so it will not work either. 

It did appear to be a great choice as well though. 

All I have left to recommend is Sheer Rocks.  It is Michelen standard Restaurant that serves a delicious light lunch menu, with a bar, loungers, sadly no beach, but it is a very nice place to chill.  Again book in advance, as loungers are at a premium.

Recommend their Mai Tai, as it just suits the ambience and view.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Mai Tai