Transfer from Port Canaveral to Orlando International

ckfred

We're looking at booking a cruise on the Harmony next September.  I looked at airline schedules for our preferred carrier (I have Gold status on American).  Our choices currently are departures at 10:30am and 5:15pm.  Is a 10:30 departure out of MCO doable?  I'm assuming we would have to do early disembarkation and arrange for private transportation to the airport, rather than the RC motor coach. 

I agree with Bob.  Once had our return flight out of MCO changed from 12:30 to 11:15.  We were among the first off the ship and had a private driver to the airport.  Check in and security were horrendous and we barely made the flight.

Last time we cruised out of Port Canaveral, we booked a 3:15 departure out of Orlando.  We could have easily made the 11:15 departure, on the RC motor coach.  About 2:15, lines of thunderstorms started coming through.  The inbound aircraft diverted to Jacksonville.  Long story short, the 3:15 departure left at 7:15.

I'm just sort of adverse to afternoon departures out of Orlando, knowing the potential that they could become mid-evening departures.