Would you take this upsell?

sexyaznboy

1 hour ago, elliair said:

From our roll call:

OK, I didn't believe my own numbers the first time so went back and actually counted what was still available. As of 9/25, there are STILL 367 cabins available (29 mini-suites, 98 balconies, 35 oceanview, 78 obstructed oceanview and 127 interior cabins).  I didn't even look at the suites.  According to the Princess website, there are 1,297 cabins available so my guess of a little more than half is off somewhat but still, around 30 percent of the cabins are empty as of now.  I'm guessing that it will stay close to that since Princess isn't running any kind of special pricing on this cruise.

dlm

The deal we were offered is no deal for us.  I can see newbies taking the bait - been there done that. 

Close enough Elliair.  That's a bunch of unsold inventory.

2 hours ago, tailspintom said:

Close enough Elliair.  That's a bunch of unsold inventory.

With that bit of knowledge, and not many takers of the offer, either it's the Thanksgiving holiday keeping people from booking or the price is still too high.  As I mentioned above, there's only a $200 difference in our cabin category from what we paid to what Princess is asking now and no perks!  They are trying to get me to pay $800 more just for an extra TV, bath tub and sofa?  DH said "that's insulting."  Heh, Princess can ask whatever they want - but to savvy cruisers it is a bit insulting.

My friend turned down two different upsales from an inside to a balcony. The price dropped on the second offer. Next thing she knew, she got a free upgrade to a balcony. Kind of made me wonder if it's like some companies do with hotel rooms or rent-a-cars. They offer you a cheap upsale when you're checking in because they already know they are giving you the upgrade.  If you bite, like many people do, they make a few bucks. No real downside for them. Many come away feeling they got a good deal with a cheap upgrade.