O Life Flight Questions - New Oceania Passenger

chelsea922

1 hour ago, coconutmonkey said:

I'm booked on Oceania and have O Choice.  I want to fly in a day early to get over jet lag.  Will I have to pay a deviation fee?  Can anyone tell me how much that is?

Thanks so much.  I am new to Oceania.

Just  add  if you choose to go in a day or more earlier  or stay longer after disembarkation day  you can ask O for the flights you want

start the process about the 270 days out from the sailing date

That way you know the routing  upfront

You only pay the non refundable  deviation once you & Oceania agree to the flights

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Just  add  if you choose to go in a day or more earlier  or stay longer after disembarkation day  you can ask O for the flights you want

start the process about the 270 days out from the sailing date

That way you know the routing  upfront

You only pay the non refundable  deviation once you & Oceania agree to the flights

Can you remove the flight option and get a credit if you don't agree on flights and charges?

2 hours ago, rallydave said:

First of all the OBC as part of O Life is the wrong choice in all situations.  You see, the difference between O life and non O life is exactly the OBC so all you would be doing is paying the money for non-refundable OBC before your cruise when you simply charge as you go on board and pay a month or two on your credit card after the cruise and not be forced to spend OBC for something you don;t really want or need.

As far as the included drinks package, it is only for wine and beer at  meals  no liquor.  Coffee, speciality coffee soft drinks water, etc. are all included for everyone.  You can upgrade the O Life Drinks package for $20/person/day to include alcohol with the wine and beer at any time meals or when the bars are open.

Very helpful information, rallydave. Do you know if the drink package upgrade has to be purchased by both people in the cabin or can one purchase it?  My husband would get more out of it than I would but if both have to purchase, I would definitely make it worth my while. 😉

4 minutes ago, chelsea922 said:

Can you remove the flight option and get a credit if you don't agree on flights and charges?

Depends on when you decided to remove the air option  I think

I usually compare what I can get on my own  to what I can get via Oceania

We never fly in the same  day as the cruise  so  we pay the Deviation fee  to get what we want

Sometimes it works to use Oceania air  & sometimes not

If you want BUS  class just to your own flights 

JMO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chelsea922 said:

Very helpful information, rallydave. Do you know if the drink package upgrade has to be purchased by both people in the cabin or can one purchase it?  My husband would get more out of it than I would but if both have to purchase, I would definitely make it worth my while. 😉

Not Dave

but if you have the O Life  beverage  perk both parties must have it 

however  if you want to upgrade to the Prestige  package onboard   one can upgrade  & the other does not have to

Just now, LHT28 said:

Not Dave

but if you have the O Life  beverage  perk both parties must have it 

however  if you want to upgrade to the Prestige  package onboard   one can upgrade  & the other does not have to

Yes, we have the beverage perk now and that's great that we can upgrade my husband and I can just buy anything I want without the package.

Thank you for all of this great information.