Tours on Falkland Islands

buster22

We are due to visit Falkland Islands at the end of November as part of our Holland America South America cruise.  Tours look expensive can anyone recommend independent operators who can do tours.  Most refer you back to your cruise operator

Many Thanks

Anne

In March 2018 on my Emerald Princess cruise I went to the Falkland Islands. I did a tour to Volunteer Point with Estancia Excursions. Nyree was great with her communication and my driver was great. This was the best shore excursion I have ever done and was the highlight of the cruise. The ride to Volunteer Point is long and a bit bumpy but oh so worth it to see so many penguins up close.

The tours do book out very quickly and early so if you are going this November you may not be able to find an independent tour with space. Good luck. 

www.estancia-excursions.com

IMG20180306110800.thumb.jpg.de616f822ffee98cbd543676f8cd2493.jpg

IMG20180306110444.thumb.jpg.4429c9293c83310e4e0919294741c065.jpg

We are booked for Estancia, and they accept 140GBP or 200USD.  She indicated they prefer payment in GBP if possible. At today's exchange, I can get 140GBP from my bank for about 180USD so a better option for both of us.

I suppose I might as well order any gratuity in GBP at the same time - do any of you know who have gone or are familiar with the area know if gratuity is normal here?  Without any other knowledge, I normally just tip $5-$10 per person for full day tours......

we are touring the Falklands early December, and had researched options.  Decided to go with Patrick Watts after reading reviews here on CC. He has been very responsive and is much less that the cruise line option. Will update after our cruise

his email pwatts@horizon.co.fk