MSC - Bottled Water on Caribbean Cruise

lstockford

I was wondering if MSC has bottled water packages for purchase?  We are not soda/alcohol/juice drinkers so buying a drink package just to have the bottled waters doesn’t seem to be worth it.  On other cruise lines I have just purchased bottled water to the stateroom.  This is our first time on MSC.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry, all gone this year, you are coming too late ☹️ 

There was the water package before which be bought for EVERY cruise, 14 bottles of mineral water for 27 Euro, great value. Even better was the coffee cuddle package, 15 coffees (even frozen coffee drinks) for 26 Euro. 

1 hour ago, lstockford said:

Oh No .... Thanks for the info.  Would you happen to know how much bottled water costs on board?  Thank you in advance.

I don´t remember exactly, it is about 3 Euro including the 15% Service Charge, so not really overpriced. 

23 hours ago, lstockford said:

I was wondering if MSC has bottled water packages for purchase?  We are not soda/alcohol/juice drinkers so buying a drink package just to have the bottled waters doesn’t seem to be worth it.  On other cruise lines I have just purchased bottled water to the stateroom.  This is our first time on MSC.

Thank you in advance.

No water package, but yes, you can buy individual bottles aboard. Around $3-5 or so plus 15% Service Charge.

Better yet - bring a reusable water bottle, and fill it up with glasses of ice water whenever you want, two water is "free" ie included in your fare, and as clean or cleaner than any bottled water.  And no extra plastic bottles being disposed of. Win win. 

1 hour ago, lstockford said:

I live in the US but I thought the free water for North Americans was only on European travel.

Free bottled water in Europe for Americans.  But in the Caribbean you are served ice water from a pitcher at the table, and it is available from dispensers in the buffet area just as it is on US based lines.  EM  

6 hours ago, lstockford said:

I live in the US but I thought the free water for North Americans was only on European travel.

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Free bottled water in Europe for Americans.  But in the Caribbean you are served ice water from a pitcher at the table, and it is available from dispensers in the buffet area just as it is on US based lines.  EM  

I stand corrected.  I understood it was based on customer's locale, rather than destination.

2 minutes ago, mef_57 said:

I stand corrected.  I understood it was based on customer's locale, rather than destination.

Sort of based on both, I think.  I believe it is not standard to serve 'water' at a meal in Europe, and it is not standard to serve it at meals on board the ship when in Europe...so if you are accustomed to that at home (North America) they give you the water package.  When they sail from the US, they have adapted to our practice of ice water at meals (but often tie ice is missing...) and they feel we do not need the bottled water package.  EM

8 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Sort of based on both, I think.  I believe it is not standard to serve 'water' at a meal in Europe, and it is not standard to serve it at meals on board the ship when in Europe...so if you are accustomed to that at home (North America) they give you the water package.  When they sail from the US, they have adapted to our practice of ice water at meals (but often tie ice is missing...) and they feel we do not need the bottled water package.  EM

I am booked for April to a Dubai repositioning cruise, so it is clearly posted on my confirmation. I hadn't read anywhere here that it was different on the Caribbean cruises. Thanks for the clarification.