Freeport

el barco

I read in cruise critic news that Carnival Cruise line is resuming visiting Freeport from Friday 11th October, when are Norwegian going to return. Our visit to Freeport has  been replaced with a sea day on our cruise at the end of October, we would far rather go to Freeport and boost the local economy, which I am sure is in need of the tourists return

15 minutes ago, el barco said:

I read in cruise critic news that Carnival Cruise line is resuming visiting Freeport from Friday 11th October, when are Norwegian going to return. Our visit to Freeport has  been replaced with a sea day on our cruise at the end of October, we would far rather go to Freeport and boost the local economy, which I am sure is in need of the tourists return

https://cruiseradio.net/first-carnival-cruise-ship-passengers-return-to-grand-bahama-friday/

1 hour ago, el barco said:

This is the critical part of the article linked above.  Carnival has probably had "boots on the ground" in Freeport to make sure the island is ready and able to make guests' visits enjoyable.  Not sure if NCL has done that.

“Cruise ship visits are important to the local economy,” says Thornton, “and our shore excursion team has been working closely with local tour operators and has confirmed a variety of attractive onshore excursions for our guests.”

Edited by GA Dave

Also it may be ready to receive 1 ship, it may not be ready to receive more than one at a time. So if your schedule overlaps with another ship it may have priority. Also depending on the size of the ship they may not be able to take the larger ships at this time.